What's new

Disney's John Carter (DVD) available for preorder on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
d6964b49_518gmPp5WdL._SL500_AA300_.jpeg

http://www.amazon.com/John-Carter-Taylor-Kitsch/dp/B005LAIH2W/ref=sr_tr_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333150814&sr=8-3

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
That movie just came out a couple of weeks ago.
This movie must have REALLY flopped at the box office, or this is a harbinger of what's to come for B- and lower level theatrical releases.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Kevin Martinez said:
That movie just came out a couple of weeks ago.
This movie must have REALLY flopped at the box office, or this is a harbinger of what's to come for B- and lower level theatrical releases.
Disney said they would likely take a $200 million loss on the picture. This had disaster written on it in so many ways although I don't know if they were expecting this.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Fighting giant CGI beasts isn't enough anymore if the film itself isn't compelling.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
You could tell right from the start, when the film's marketers decided that "Mars" should be left out of the title.
As, indeed, any reference to Edgar Rice Burroughs, although that's understandable because many won't have heard of him, whilst those that have would come out disappointed
It would be kind of like calling that awful Cruise thing "H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
BradleyS said:
It's a really good film. Give it a chance on video if you avoided it in theaters.
I didn't see it but the majority of what I read is that it's a pretty decent movie. However, its bad box office gross (and the reasons for it) is nearly all anyone talks about when discussing the movie. It's unfortunate when something as utterly meaningless to moviegoers as grosses dominates the conversation about a movie.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
TravisR said:
I didn't see it but the majority of what I read is that it's a pretty decent movie. However, its bad box office gross (and the reasons for it) is nearly all anyone talks about when discussing the movie. It's unfortunate when something as utterly meaningless to moviegoers as grosses dominates the conversation about a movie.
Most of what I have read about the film is very positive. Disney should put the blame for the box office where it belongs: with the marketing team. John Carter doesn't have the name recognition of Tarzan. They gave the film a title that is both bland and says nothing about the content of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks