1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dial up connection problem (IE6)..need help

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Alf S, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Alf S

Alf S Premium
    Supporter

Alfie
    For the time being we use dial up to connect to the net at home. However, in the last day or so I've had a strange problem arise.

When I started the computer and clicked on IE (blue E) my modem connection window would pop up and automatically start dialing into my ISP...worked great before this week.

Now when I click on the "E", nothing happens...the hourglass flashes on like it's trying to do something, but stops..no connection started. We then have to click on Outlook to get a connection (or I click on a shortcut to my ISP I put on my desktop)

Any ideas why it suddenly decided not to make a connection??

It's not an earth shattering problem, but a problem none the less since it worked flawlessly before.

Thanks!
    Alfer

2. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

Alf,

My suggestion would be to open your Internet Properties (right click desktop icon and select properties) then select the "Connections Tab" at the top. Ensure that the "Dial whenever a network connection is not present" button is selected.

Hope that helps.
    David N

3. Alf S

Alf S Premium
    Supporter

Alfie
    Thanks David...I'll give it a try when I get home.

Alf