What's new

Da-lite or Draper screen? (1 Viewer)

Al L

Agent
I am purchasing my first screen for my Z2. I don't have a big budget (less than $250) so am considering the following:

Draper Luma Manual High Contrast Grey.
Da-Lite Model B Nominal picture area (what does that mean?) without CSR Matte White ($20 cheaper than the Draper)
Da-Lite Model B with CSR Matte White ($100 more than the Draper)

I think I would be pretty careful with returning the screen to the case (although I do not know if my wife would be as careful) so right now I am leaning towards the high contrast grey Draper screen because I believe this is better for the Z2 and ambient light situations.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Al L

Agent
I'd also like to throw the Elite range into the mix also. Specifically, el-cheapo Elite models over at tigerdirect.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
If those are all pull-down screens you won't be happy very long. They all develop wrinkles from what I've read at Avsforum.com and there's no way to fix them. That's why I built my own screen.

SimiA

Second Unit
I've had my Da-lite pulldown screen for over 3 years and have not had a problem with wrinkles.
Vb:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks