What's new

Corner Gas S2 - any comments? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Gord, you're in the Gilmore Girls show? WOW!!! Would you autograph a copy of the set for me? I could sell it on eBay for lots of $$$$$$$$:D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Haha....no, no....I went to their set on a tour. Anyone can go on the tour, you just have to book a spot and pay your money.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Sponsored by Dave? No... why would he sponsor me?

I think it was $95 for the 5 hour tour (ours extended to about 6 hours) and lunch in the commissary (where the actors often eat).

They offer a shorter tour for less money, but you see a lot less of the studio.

Anyway....this thread should be about Corner Gas :D

Gord

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I've just finished season two, and this show rocks. I would liken this to a Canadian Northern Exposure based on great writing, ecclectic characters, and a superb cast. I don't think the humour is all that Canada-centric, it is very small town oriented though. I found I needed at least a couple of shows to really get into it, but now I'm hooked. Can't wait for season three to come out on DVD.

Apart from one obvious audio goof, I think VSC is doing a pretty decent job on the DVDs. The commentary tracks are fun, and the behind the scenes stuff is also nice to have. I'm hoping that the feature that recently aired (not sure what show it was) on the series shows up on DVD. It had lots of behind the scenes stuff surrounding the location, and also the winner of the contest for the Climax house.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I love this show, and I DEARLY HOPE that when the 3rd season comes out, it will be in proper 16:9 widescreen LIKE IT IS SHOWING on CTV-HD!

Rick P

Supporting Actor
No.. not AFAIK... Canada seems to be making the HD 'push' this season... several shows appear to have been filmed WS for a while (DaVinci's Inquest, This is Wonderland, An American in Canada...).

BryceRobson

Auditioning
Hi, all. Since there was some discussion earlier in the thread about whether Americans would get the jokes, I wanted to throw in my perspective on this show. A friend let my wife and I borrow Seasons 1 & 2, and we absolutely love the show. We have also shared a good number of episodes from Season 2 with family members and they couldn't get enough. It's nice to know what I'm getting my parents for Christmas so far in advance.

I think people who are being humble or timid about comparing this show to Seinfeld, The Office or other television shows should not worry so much. This show is hilarious and stands on its own exceedingly well.

The only jokes that did not work to their fullest on me were ones that make Canadian pop culture references, particularly with guest appearances. When these guest spots occur, I appreciate that there is a well-known person (TV anchor, hockey player, etc.) appearing in a scene, but if I knew more about the people making the cameos I think I would appreciate the joke even more. Other than that, pretty much everything translates smoothly.

I hope these genuinely funny characters will continue for many years to come. I'll be there with my credit card whenever new seasons of Corner Gas are released. I just wish I could watch the show when it airs. I'm in agony having to wait for Season 3 on DVD.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
On the other hand, I actually live near where this show is made, and I just don't get it at all! :)

It's a big hit with lots of other folks around here, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks