1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

CONFIRMED: Alien films coming in 2010 to Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Jari K, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Well-Known Member

Is there absolutely anything(special features) missing from the Blu-Ray that are on the Quad box?

I need an excuse to get rid of my Alien s-dvd set.

2. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

^ If it's that important that EVERYTHING be on the Blu-ray set, I think your best move is to wait and check yourself or read a very detailed fan review that checks.

3. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member

4. bgart13

bgart13 Well-Known Member

Ben
    Gotta admit, those caps from the blu-ray look more like how I remember the movie looking when I saw it as a 10 year old kid. Of course, memory lies, but...

5. robbbb1138

robbbb1138 Well-Known Member

My expectations for Aliens are probably way too high now. That's a movie that's never looked spectacular on home video because of the film stock, but these screen caps look great!

6. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Well-Known Member

Don't explode. I asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer then you probably shouldn't have replied to my post. I'm buying the Blu-Ray set regardless.

7. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Well-Known Member

^^ Where's the explosion man? Seriously...

Aliens looks great. Like gotta have it now now now great!

...Now!

8. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was no intended explosion on my part. I just capitalized 'everything' to mean that if anyone is worried about every piece of art, behind the scenes photo, text file or easter egg from the Quadrilogy being carried that they should wait before selling off their set until they can check for themselves or until they read a very thorough review of the Blu-ray set.

9. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    One thing I'm noticing about those screen caps is the difference in color. The last one with Ripley waiving at the Queen, what a difference. I'm afraid I can't remember all to well what it looked like in the theater. Any better memories than mine? Is the BR color closer to the theatrical release?

10. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Well-Known Member

Just based on the incredible "Aliens" restoration alone, this is now a *must purchase* set for me!

I, too, now really lament the travesty that was "Predator: Ultimate Hunters Edition" as it's now evident that Fox *can* "get it right" when they really want to.

In any event -- now that I've seen these "Aliens" screen caps -- October 26 can't get here fast enough!!

11. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm

I was going to sell mine too but the damn things are selling brand new and extremely cheap in the UK so it's not even worth my time putting them up for sale.

12. joshEH

joshEH Well-Known Member

Josh
    Quote:

That, and finally getting to see Charlie's uncut Alien³ documentary are the two big things are driving my purchase of this set, come October.

But still, the entire package is pure, epic win -- can't believe James Cameron managed to deliver a transfer like this, in the wake of the whole Predator debacle. Just goes to show you, leave it to the professionals.

13. Merrick Gearing

Merrick Gearing Well-Known Member

Fox has gotten it right almost EVERY time. People need to quit talking like Fox has a huge reputation for using DNR. Exceptions are Patton, Longest Day and Predator. 3 films out of a few hundred. Those are very impressive odds.

Warner and Universal on the otherhand, have a less impressive resume when it comes to DNR use.

14. dlbsyst

dlbsyst Active Member

Um, I think you mean Paramount and Universal. Warner has been delivering very high quality catalog releases.

15. Merrick Gearing

Merrick Gearing Well-Known Member

No, I mean Universal and Warner. As of late, Warner has been very good and pretty much to the point that people dont talk about them much anymore. Paramount has for the most part been good, but they have screwed up many of their important titles.

16. Worth

Worth Well-Known Member

Nick Dobbs
    Are there any significant differences between the North American set and the UK release? The UK set is selling for 38 pounds versus $100 over here. If there the same, I might as well order it from Britain.

17. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    Soon. Soon.

18. Marius W

Marius W Active Member

Marius Willms
    We got a few early copies delivered at work on Monday, so I have had the Scandinavian edition since then.

Really nice looking set. It looks different than the US edition. The face hugger on the front of the box is much better looking in real life. It stands out about 1/3 of an inch from the rest of the box.

I haven't had the time to watch any of the movies in full yet, but I have taken a brief look at Alien and some of the extras. I hope to find the time for a closer look during the week end.

Since my set up is far from high end (PS3, 720P projector, no loss less sound), it wouldn't be fair to you or the set for me to comment on the picture and sound quality. I will leave the full review to the professionals.

19. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell
    I'm so envious. Can't wait for the Egg to arrive.

Perhaps there should be a disclaimer: "For professional reviewer only. Do not attempt at home."

20. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member