What's new

Comparing TV Screen Sizes (Chart) (1 Viewer)

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
So I am trying to convince my wife that we need a big screen HDTV and I was trying to think of the best way to show her the differences. We already have an older Pioneer 50" 16x10.7 cinema widescreen....but not the real 16x9 I want. Anyway.......I made this chart and thought I'd post it here as it may be useful to some.
All dimensions are rounded to the nearest tenth of an inch and are accurate to the pixel in the chart.
http://205.141.206.69/files/022folde...807803&oid=192
The blue one is the TV I currently have.......it's a nice little step between 4:3 and 16:9. Unfortunately it is 7 years old and due for an upgrade. :)
------------------
Scott
a.k.a. KCWolfPck
See my Home Theater Page .

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
My very specific experience with just this issue, is that only seeing the image on the new TV will convince her.
So, you have to get her to the store...

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
Well...getting her to a store is a problem seeing that I am stationed in Okinawa, Japan (small island without much as far as electronics stores). If I lived back in the states I would have had one a LONG time ago. LOL In fact.....I was eyeing the Panasonics when they first came out 3+ years ago when they cost over 10k.
I would buy one in a heartbeat right now if I could find someone that could ship me one at a reasonable cost, but 400-450 lbs across the ocean costs too much ($1800 was one quote I got).
So I am just trying to smoothe her over on the idea that we will get one as soon as we get back to the states next May. :)
I can't complain about her.....she doesn't SEEM to mind that I've spent well over 7k in the last couple months (Sunfire Sig Sub, Sunfire Theater Grand II, and Sunfire Cinema Grand)........so I should be alright once we get back to the states.
BTW......if ANYONE knows of a way to ship a 400 lb HDTV (Tosh 65H80 is what I'm leaning toward)......PLEASE let me know. Anything under $750 for shipping would be considered. THANKS!
Scott
------------------
Scott
a.k.a. KCWolfPck
See my Home Theater Page .

Tod

Agent
Scott,
Can't you get one in Japan (main island) or Korea or Taiwan and pay much much less in shipping than having one shipped from the U.S....? Maybe that won't work if you can't get one with English manuals and menus...?
I don't know, just thinking "out loud"... hehe
-T

RyanL

Stunt Coordinator
Still can't get the chart, neither through the link nor the UBB.
------------------
Paradigm Monitor 90P's
Paradigm Reference CC-450
Paradigm Titans
JVC RX-884vbk (reciever)
JVC XV-501bk (DVD player)
JVC XL-MC334bk (200-disc CD changer)
Sharp Hi-Fi VCR
Sony 27V20 27" Trinitron TV

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
I'm not sure what's going on with the above link, so I copied out Scott Sylke JPEG image, recreated another webpage @ my site, . . . so here's what it looks like.
tvsizes.jpg

Nice drawing Scott!
Phil
------------------
http://www.geocities.com/p_iturra

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Looking at your web-page, and I find some pictures of your bookshelf, complete with Mark Twain, Clive Cussler and Michael Chrichton. Good man, raised your kids well :)

Hi Scott,
Sorry to say, the chart is still not working, but the link to your home page works fine.
Thanks for trying, Brian.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks