What's new

Commando Director's Cut coming in September! (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
HOLY MATRIX! Never thought this film would get SE treatment. Can't wait to see what gets put back into the film (besides more gore). So many great lines in this movie.

"Don't wake my friend, he's dead tired."

"I eat green berrets for breakfast, and right now, I'm VERY hungry!"

"Let off some steam, Bennet!"

And my favorite: "I'm air-sick." lol!

Haden

Supporting Actor
"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied."

Hehehe... this one is a classic Arnold popcorn flick. So glad to finally see it get the special edition treatment.

Tom_Ca

Agent
Matrix: Don't break radio silence until they see me.
Cindy: How will I know?
Matrix: Because all fucking hell is going to break loose.

lol

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You steal my car, you rip the seat out, you kidnap me, you ask me to help you find your daughter which I very kindly do, and then you get me involved in a shoot out where people are dying and there's blood spurting all over the place, and then I watch you rip a phone booth out of a wall, swing from the ceiling like Tarzan, and then there's a cop that's going to shoot you and I save you and they start chasing me. Are you going to tell me what's going on or what?

No!

Classic 80's actioner. Will buy. :)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

It's probably a set-top game (like on Disney DVDs) where you play a first-person game, shooting at Arnolds.

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Oh MAN. This is the infamous film where, legend has it, they had to edit out a shot of Arnie smacking a dude with his own severed arm! I'd pay double the price of this thing just to see that...hope it really exists! I've laughed harder at this film the fifth time through than most brand new comedies...

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Recieved the dvd today and had a quick scan through it.Not actually 5mins longer than the theatrical version.Only around 1min 30sec difference in the running times but the toolshed scene is a bit more bloodier than the theatrical version with added footage and an alternate circular saw death, the commentary is actually available on both cuts of the film with slight additins for the director's cut.Mark L.Lester actually mentions the arm beating scene but it doesn't look like it was ever filmed.When Arnold suggested it,the director though it would be a bit too over the top.

BrentJ

Second Unit

Did they fix the wrecked porsche scene? You know where Arnold turns the car back over and its a brand new porsche.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
With you guys talking about this, I thought it was out already. Oh well, I can wait another couple of weeks.:)

Jakerman1988

Agent
Real Name
Kyle
The "Commando" DVD is good, but the commentary could have been better. Mark Lester seems to ramble on and on and he basically runs out of things to say before the film ends. The featurettes are decent, too, but why would they add the additional footage as an extra if you can already see it on the Director's cut? That just irks me. Even the "Family Fun Edition" DVD of another Schwarzenegger classic "Jingle All The Way" does the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks