What's new

CMA Awards - Faith Hill gets owned (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
also, did any one notice little big town's bones being a bit too close in style and tone to "The Chain"-fleetwood mac?

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
She says she was fooling around.

Since she is a nice and sincere lady, I tend to believe her. Certainly more than I would a politician.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

And for the most part they still are. Faith Hill just tried to pull off a badly timed and acted joke. She, along with most everyone else, knew that Carrie Underwood had the award wrapped up. With the records she set and the sales marks she hit in one short year, it would have been a travesty for anyone else to win.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I think she's probably going 'What???!!!".

By the way, some people don't think someone who wins the Horizon Award (which is an award for a newcomer) shouldn't also be able to win a top award such as Best Female Vocalist as well. I'm not necessarily one of those myself, however.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I tend to believe the joke theory. And I don't think it's a bad joke, either. I mean, c'mon, that's the whole purpose of showing them all at once is on the off-chance that someone would do that (for real). If she'd really meant it, I would have expected a more face-wrinkling, subdued "wtf" moment.

The awards show shoulld be thanking her; it got everyone's attention and they should be happy for the publicity.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While I think its probably a joke...Although, in one version of the tape I saw. You see what looks like her storming off from camera view. So who knows.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
The problem with it being a "good" joke is that she got people talking about Faith rather than the lady who actually won...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks