What's new

CLEOPATRA Region Free BRD (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
^ Cover art from Amazon for the US Cleopatra Blu-ray digibook. Not sure why they felt the need to photoshop the headdress on. There will also be a standard non-digibook release. No release date for either yet. Damn, I was really hoping for a boxed set like "Lawrence of Arabia".

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Andrew Budgell said:
Damn, I was really hoping for a boxed set like "Lawrence of Arabia".
Yeah a TODD-AO frame of the film would have been great. But not sure about the enclosed asp. :)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Cleopatra is now up for pre order at Amazon I just put my order in. http://www.amazon.com/Cleopatra-50th-Anniversary-2-Disc-Blu-ray/dp/B001AQO3SS/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1361299550&sr=1-1&keywords=cleopatra+blue+ray

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Andrew Budgell said:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/content/type/61/id/176168/ ^ Cover art from Amazon for the US Cleopatra Blu-ray digibook. Not sure why they felt the need to photoshop the headdress on. There will also be a standard non-digibook release. No release date for either yet. Damn, I was really hoping for a boxed set like "Lawrence of Arabia".
Looks similar to the image on the UK disc.
a1bdadff_911AW2B9Vb-L._AA1500_.jpeg

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am sure glad I waited for the US version. Now all we need is a date from Amazon and also the cover does not resemble the above covers

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I wonder if Fox has a Fathom big screen event planned for Cleopatra like Sony did for the 50th anniversary Lawrence of Arabia last year? I sure hope so!

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
RolandL said:
Looks similar to the image on the UK disc.
a1bdadff_911AW2B9Vb-L._AA1500_.jpeg
Interestingly enough, the image of Elizabeth used on the cover of the UK release is a costume test from the aborted Pinewood production, with the original "Entry into Rome" costume by Oliver Messel, who was replaced by Irene Sharaff when the film moved to Rome...

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Because of the vertical configuration of Blu-ray cases, I'd like to see this as the basis for a cover:
17b5263b_cleopatraposter021.jpeg
The more famous reclining artwork would have to be reduced to fit the case properly.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I like the US proposed art. The posters are great, but they're posters, meant to be taken in at a much larger size than a Blu-Ray case.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
That reclining poster amuses me when I think of the story of Rex Harrison invoking the "likeness clause" of his contract. The original artwork was meant to be just Antony and Cleopatra. Harrison's likeness clause stipulated that his likeness had to appear in advertising alongside Taylor and Burton. So, Caesar was added to the artwork. What amuses me is that Harrison has a look on his face in that painting as if to say "yes, I know I don't belong in this poster, but dammit, my contract says I do!"

john a hunter

Screenwriter
David_B_K said:
That reclining poster amuses me when I think of the story of Rex Harrison invoking the "likeness clause" of his contract. The original artwork was meant to be just Antony and Cleopatra. Harrison's likeness clause stipulated that his likeness had to appear in advertising alongside Taylor and Burton. So, Caesar was added to the artwork. What amuses me is that Harrison has a look on his face in that painting as if to say "yes, I know I don't belong in this poster, but dammit, my contract says I do!"
I think one journalist at the time ran the byline"Is Rexy not sexy anymore?" when he was omitted from the original huge poster that dominated Broadway. When his agent insisited on his inclusion, their first effort was to superimpose his head in a box between the curtains at the back which had the effect he was voyeur spying on the pair.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
I knew this was coming this year, but I finally gave in a couple of months ago to the UK release. Depending on what the reviews say, I still might upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks