What's new

Classics on Netflix HD (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
This is meant to be a thread for those who have this service and enjoy it. I don't want to get into arguments or pros and cons here.

For those of us who enjoy this service, we have been lately discovering that some classic films and TV shows (which I'll define as pre 1980) showing up on Netflix streaming.

I'd like in this thread to have brief reviews and discussions of our discoveries of classic movies and TV shows in HD on Netflix. Also please post classic posters and film stills if you can find them.

One of my problems is that sometimes it's hard for me to find out which films have been newly added in HD. For instance, when I search on my computer for a complete chronological list of HD selections I don't see Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder or the VistaVision production of War and Peace. But if I queue up those titles on Netflix through my PS3 they are indeed there in HD and they look better than a DVD. Has anyone else made similar discoveries of "hidden" HD classics on Netflix?

My latest unhidden classic is Hitchcock's Sabotage from 1936 in HD. It looks better than I've ever seen it in this nicely restored HD version.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I recommend you check out Instantwatcher.com. It's affiliated with Netflix, but it allows much better, thorough searching. It only covers streaming, NOT Blu-ray or DVD.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by Jim Mcc

I recommend you check out Instantwatcher.com. It's affiliated with Netflix, but it allows much better, thorough searching. It only covers streaming, NOT Blu-ray or DVD.

Thanks!

By the way, I just watched the 1955 Astaire/Caron musical Daddy Long Legs in HD. I thought it was really pretty good. And the PQ was great.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by benbess

Thanks!

By the way, I just watched the 1955 Astaire/Caron musical Daddy Long Legs in HD. I thought it was really pretty good. And the PQ was great.

Watched this today. I agree the picture quality was very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks