What's new

International Classic British DVD titles from Network! (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
The first titles for 2016 have just been revealed...

british-comedies-of-the-1930s-volume-6.jpg
farewell-again.jpg
it-s-never-too-late.jpg
it-s-that-man-again.jpg
jessie-matthews-revue-the-volume-5.jpg
mozambique.jpg
mystery-junction.jpg
offbeat.jpg
stories-from-a-flying-trunk.jpg
teckman-mystery-the.jpg

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Some quite recent Network releases in the Amazon "3 for £20" sale at the moment.

I got Halas and Batchelor and Percys Progress amongst the batch of 6 titles I bought

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Keith Cobby said:
Thanks for posting The Truth About Women trailer Byron, I don't recall ever seeing this on television in the UK. One of the few film outings for Katie Boyle. Considering all the talent on show here it's a shame there's no blu-ray.
It looks like a very good film!

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Working through my package of films from the recent sale and watched Deadlier Than the Male today. The blu-ray is a good step up from the DVD and it was like seeing it for the first time. The image quality is very good with no print damage although it looks slightly faded. I prefer this spy spoof to all the Flint/Matt Helm films from this era. Good performances all round and not too much process photography/back projection. The film was largely made on location in Italy. Good range of supplements.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Keith Cobby said:
Working through my package of films from the recent sale and watched Deadlier Than the Male today. The blu-ray is a good step up from the DVD and it was like seeing it for the first time. The image quality is very good with no print damage although it looks slightly faded. I prefer this spy spoof to all the Flint/Matt Helm films from this era. Good performances all round and not too much process photography/back projection. The film was largely made on location in Italy. Good range of supplements.

I had the original non-anamorphic DVD so this Blu-ray disc is a huge up-grade for me. I'm pleased with this disc. I've always liked Richard Johnson and I'm sorry he didn't have a longer career as a leading man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks