What's new

CHiPs Season 1 coming to DVD in May!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I've watched the first disc and one episode on disc two and I'm loving it. I forgot how funny this show is. I'm really happy with the video transfer so far, it looks better than I expected, with the exception of a few scenes where the actors look a little purple and some minor artifacts. I really like Estrada's intros but I wish he did them for every episode.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I've watched the first disc as well (going at the rate of two eps per day) and I also like Estrada's intros, and agree with you as well that I wish he'd done them for every ep. The show holds up pretty well for being 30 years old, to be honest. Much like ``Emergency!'' :)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I just started watching the set over again ... I really do hope that Warner brothers makes a press release soon for Season 2.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
So far, I'd have to say that this is a pretty good set. I don't remember any of the first six eps that I've watched...hopefully this set will sell well, and at least 56 have been registered thus far with TVShowsOnDVD, so I'll take that as a promising sign that WB will see that fans want more and announce an S2 set soon, as Mark has been imploring. :)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I usually watch 3 episodes a day, if not more, depending on if I watch any movies. I will watch an episode at breakfast, dinner and then later in the evening. I have watched up to 5 episodes a day for some shows, like Lost and 24. I only caught 2 episodes these last few days because I've been really busy but will pick up steam soon. I haven't seen Emergency! in decades, I'm not likely going to buy that show, since there's a lot more other series that I want to get.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
:)
Fair enough. Loved ``Emergency!'' when I was a kid, so I was thrilled when Uni announced those sets. Sure wish they'd get around to releasing the second season of ``SeaQuest'' at this point since that was two years ago this Christmas that the first set FINALLY came out. During my workweek, there's no way I'd be able to watch any shows before breakfast, since I start work at 5 a.m., so I have to save my TV on DVD viewing for the early evenings and evenings after I return home, or all day during my ``weekends'' if I don't have other stuff to do. Have set a sked thus far of watching ``CHiPs,'' ``The 4400'' S2 and ``The Dead Zone'' S5 (the latter two in preparation for their season premieres on Sunday). :)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I basically work at home and can set my own hours. After CHiPs, I will watch my 2 Benny Hill sets, Sliders Season 3, M:I Season 2, my Flash Gordon box set and about 30 discs worth of bonus features. Next week I'm going to buy VTTBOTS, S3,V1 and watch that right away to make sure all episodes play.

I try to buy shows that will have a replay value for me, which CHiPs has. I might consider buying Emergency if I were to find it for $20 at Wal-mart or cheaper online but I have a lot of TV on DVD purchases planned from now til July. So many that I'm skipping over some movie releases that I want. I'm planning on getting Incredible Hulk S2. Secrets of Isis, Space: 1999, Beauty and the Beast S2, Simpsons S10, Heroes S1 and Fugitive S1 V1 in the next few months, if not more. And I hope we see season 2 of CHiPs by November

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Very nice! I'd like to have that situation, in terms of working at home. Agreed on hopes for a speedy announcement of ``CHiPs'' S2. I also have pre-ordered ``Incredible Hulk'' S2, ``Heroes'' S1, ``Secrets of Isis'' and ``Space: 1999'' sets, plus many, many others. I may never have time to watch all this TV on DVD before I expire, but I'll give it a game effort. :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Best Buy and Amazon had them all for $19.99 a couple weeks ago. I picked up season 3 at that time. So keep an eye out, the prices are sure to go down again for another sale in the future. Great Show! It kept me going till CHiPs finally came out, i am so glad i am collecting that aswell as i originally was not going to.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

No idea...I liked the show when I was kid, but I can't honestly point to which seasons are best...I could just simply say the seasons with Randi Oakley as ``Bonnie'' :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

It's a show that has held up amazingly well, imho. I loved it as a kid and I have definitely enjoyed watching the first two seasons and look forward to season 3 at some point here, AND the announcement for season four early next year.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I've only pre-ordered a few DVDs a week before the release date and they always took longer to arrive than ones I had bought after the release date. I also need to buy Seasons 3-9 of the X-files and every Season of Tales From The Crypt but Season 1. I'm getting way behind. I also want Buck Rogers in the 25th Century now that it's under $25, I saw it at Wal-mart and the next week I went to pick it up and it was gone. I think September through November will be a good time to catch up some of these season sets I want. I'd like CHiPs Season 2 to be out in Nov. because Dec is when Lost and 24 are coming out.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
There isn't a Best Buy anywhere near me and I only buy from online sites that have an option for paying with money orders, which is why I love Amazon. I also choose the free shipping, it doesn't bother me that my orders take 11 days or longer to arrive. It won't hurt to add Emergency! to my wish list there. I bought CHiPs from Wal-mart because I just couldn't wait to get it and watch it.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I bought all nine seasons of ``The X-Files'' thanks to Amazon Fox TV on DVD sale earlier this year...have watched the first two seasons and part of season 3...got diverted from watching that by other shows. Also pre-ordered ``Buck Rogers'' when it first came out...watched the first two eps, and I must sadly say (imho) it doesn't hold up very well at all...I guess I have to give it time, but goodness, it's so cheesy! :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Have finished the first two discs of ``CHiPs'' and I've liked it thus far, some eps better than others. Overall, tho, it holds up quite well. Am looking forward to slowly making my way through and finishing the season. :) I see that 75 sets have been registered with TVShowsOnDVD thus far.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I just finished season 1 and it was very good. The picture quality was quite good throughout. My only complaint is that the CHiPs: The Ride Out Of Spanish Harlem was too short but it was very interesting.

I'm waiting for those Amazon sales so I can get nmore of the X-Files but Season 3 always seems to be more expensive than the rest. I just bought Buck Rogers and I'm glad I never had to pay the old list price of $75. Too bad I have to return it because of a missing disc. I don't mind cheese value, people say that like it's a bad thing, lol. I should quit buying these sets before I get too far behind but there's too many that I want. I'm also interested in I Dream Of Jeannie too. I think I have about 72 listings on TVShowsonDVD so far

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Well, it's not a bad thing, just in my opinion, the show doesn't hold up as well as it used to when I was a kid. As for your quandary about falling behind, I've already hopelessly fallen behind...have been better lately about balancing FIFA '07 with TV on DVD. :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Ron68 said:
I just finished season 1 and it was very good. The picture quality was quite good throughout. My only complaint is that the CHiPs: The Ride Out Of Spanish Harlem was too short but it was very interesting.

I'm still well into the first season...have watched the first two discs and am into disc three now...so far, so good...I gather that my fave character played by Randi Oakes won't show up for another season or two...ah well!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
She was the one thing I missed while watching season 1, I don't remember which season she joined the cast but she was a favourite of mine. Can't wait to see her again. Oh, and I noticed while watching these episodes that this show would be great to play Slug Bug to :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks