What's new

Burke's Law/Honey West (1 Viewer)

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
FanCollector said:
The "pilot" for this series was, I believe, an episode of The Dick Powell Show, starring Powell as Amos Burke. A worthy extra, I would think, and not requiring too much effort from the studio.
It is called Who Killed Julie Greer? and aired 9/26/61 as the first episode of the Dick Powell Show. That would be a perfect extra.

Ivan G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.
Thanks for all the great suggestions, good people. I have passed them along and hopefully ripe vintage TV fruit will result.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Don't expect for Barry and Conway to do a joint interview- apparently the two were at odds on the set of Burke's Law. I only hope we get newly remastered prints for the DVDs.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
One extra I'd definitely pay for would be an interactive map of L.A. sort of like the one on the L.A. Confidential DVD. I bought the series (R2/PAL) mainly for the exterior shots of L.A. in the 60s and the guest stars.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Bob Hug said:
TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting a revised release date for "Burke's Law" to April 29th. Cover art looks great but I wish VCI would start using slimcases.
Burke's Law DVD news: Final Box Art, Date, Details for Burke's Law - Season 1, Volume 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com
That art doesn't say anything about what season. And the four cases are listed as volumes 1-4. Could this be art for the entire 2 seasons set instead of just the first half-season volume, and these be multi-disc cases? Just wondering. You're right, it's a lot of wasted space for a half season.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Hollywoodaholic said:
Could this be the entire 2 seasons set instead of just the first half-season volume, and these be multi-disc cases? Just wondering. You're right, it's a lot of wasted space for a half season.
I doubt it, Wayne . . . . . it's been VCI's intent to release "Burke's Law" in the split season format. From VCI's web site . . . .
"VCI will be releasing season one in two separate collector’s sets of 16 episodes each."
I have sent an E-mail to VCI suggesting that they consider using slimline cases in the future for multi-disc releases.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Bob Hug said:
I doubt it, Wayne . . . . . it's been VCI's intent to release "Burke's Law" in the split season format. From VCI's web site . . . .
"VCI will be releasing season one in two separate collector’s sets of 16 episodes each."
I have sent an E-mail to VCI suggesting that they consider using slimline cases in the future for multi-disc releases.
I hope you suggested not using the clear SCAVANO!

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Hollywoodaholic said:
Good deal. Ordered. Did we ever get any more feedback on our solicited extras suggestions posted on this thread? That's a tight window to get something in. Perhaps on Volume 2.
Wayne, according to the most recent news article at TVShowsonDVD.com for "Burke's Law," the extras will include vintage commercials, a collector's booklet, and a few other items, but none of the bonus items that were recommended in this thread. I'd guess that, yes, the window was too tight for the volume 1 release but maybe we'll see a few of the suggestions implemented for volume 2.
Burke's Law DVD news: Final Box Art, Date, Details for Burke's Law - Season 1, Volume 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
For what it's worth, VCI has now posted a full description of the new "Burke's Law" set at its web site . . . . .
BURKE'S LAW - SEASON 1: Part 1
The description says "color" but that's not the case, it's in black & white. The good news is that VCI has gone back to the 35 mm master, so these should look good. Still no definitive release dates for "Honey West" or "Zane Grey Theater."

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
I'm glad I held off on ordering the set from England. I got their Honey West set and they definitely came off 16mm prints, not 35.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I got their Honey West set and they definitely came off 16mm prints, not 35.
I never realized that when I received HW, but now that I think of it, makes sense. Not terrible prints per se, but just rather ruddy, low contrast in appearance.

I've seldom found the need to double dip in the past, but I guess I'll have to when VCI finally releases this.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Bob Hug said:
There's a nice article about "Burke's Law" posted at VCI Entertainment's web site. This should "whet the appetite" for anyone awaiting VCI's release of season 1, volume 1:
VCI Entertainment: Home
Good article. And pretty ironic: Amos Burke's sidekick, Tim (Gary Conway) ended up becoming the "real" multi-millionaire owning a successful vineyard.

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator
That's hilarious that, of the "Burke's Law" guest stars, Gary Conway only remembered the sexy gals. About ten years ago I interviewed one of the series regulars from "Arrest and Trial" and all, I mean ALL, he could remember from his one-year stint on the show was what a great rack Joey Heatherton (a one-time guest star) had.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Of course Gary Conway would only remember the female costars- as I said before, he and Gene Barry DESPISED each other!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks