What's new

Buffy Season Six (1 Viewer)

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
Just wondering what aspect ratio once more with feeling is presented in cause it's being shown right now as 2.35:1 on fx

Richard Waller

Second Unit
It's possible the separate DVD release of OMWF on April 14th will be shown in the 2:1 aspect ratio. It will be the full length version, so I'm wondering if the season set will also have the longer version.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Of course the season set will have the longer version. It's how the episode was originally broadcast.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Way back in the long ago, Peter Staddon said there may be difficulties (licensing or rights or something) in getting the full version on DVD.

-Dave

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No he didn't. He was under the impression that it possibly used licensed music. There are no music concerns with Buffy. Especially not with the musical given that the production commissioned all of the songs

I know that Peter knows what a good show they have, but the impression that I get is that he's not whatyou'd call a regular viewer

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
There is season 6 coming out in April and another DVD of just the musical.
I just cant get myself to watch that season over again. It was too horrible.
Its bad and its different.
Good idea just executed badly.

I prordered the Musical at Amazonuk.com

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
According to The R2 Project, it looks like the OMWF DVD is presented in 1.78:1.
It's possible they'll just add more space at the top and bottom of the frame(ala the Austin Powers and upcoming The Recruit DVDs) to get the 1.78:1 ratio. At least I hope that's what they're doing. If there's any cropping of the picture, I'm gonna be pissed. Especially since OMWF is the best thing about Season 6.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Relax, it's identical to what was broadcast.

The broadcast masters LOOK closer to 2:1 because it has overscan compensation

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks