What's new

Buffy Season 6...May 2004? (1 Viewer)

Paul Russell

Agent
Hey guys -- I thought I'd chime in here. The information obtained came straight from the PR department (confirmed from two sources, after lengthy phone conversations). The episode will not be anamorphic. My choice of wording with "matted" was poor, I admit...I should have said letterbox...sorry about that. I wish I was wrong, but after confirming this information (which is not listed on the press release or sell sheet), I'm confident it is correct.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Paul, and don't take any offence to it, but I'll wait for the set to arrive in my hands before passing judgement. :) We all know how Fox messed us up with the Angel S2 Widescreen ordeal..

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think he means how they listed it as FULL-FRAME everywhere, but the actual discs were wide.

He's saying, don't freak about it being listed as non-anamorphic until you get your hands on it...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well this is different since Paul wasn't going by what was listed on the press site, but the information he received from someone at Fox after she checked with the people working on the set. I can't think of many times when Paul has been wrong, and I can't think of ANY time he's been wrong after spending time looking into something.

Gord

Paul Russell

Agent
Thanks Gord ;)

I think we can all agree that Fox's PR department has had some problems getting their facts 100% accurate in the past, that's why I have been checking on this for about 4 months now. Still, I too have my doubts so I have sent an email off to Peter Staddon. Hopefully he can chime in. In all honesty, I hope the information I was given was incorrect. As much as anyone, I want that episode to be anamorphically enhanced!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
If it is, that bites... But once again, are they planning on a single disc release for this ep. like they did overseas? And if they are, why on EARTH wouldn't that be anamorphic????

If it is, woah, wouldn't want to be in their shoes when the fur flies....

:) D

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
If it is, that bites... But once again, are they planning on a single disc release for this ep. like they did overseas? And if they are, why on EARTH wouldn't that be anamorphic????
I doubt they'll do a single episode DVD. The season sets are so cheap here in R1, it's probably not worth it. Season 6 wasn't THAT bad. There are plenty of other episodes worth owning that year aside from "Once More With Feeling".

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Adam, I completely agree. I have the R2 S6 set, (I know, non OAR, BLASPHEMY!) and I also like the season quite a bit. IMHO, it needs to be watched straight through with as little pause as possible between eps. MANY, many good eps... The 1st double ep... Normal again, Tabula Rasa, OMWF, "Buffy's" finest hour IMHO, the trio, Spike going postal, and the final 3 eps. with Dark Willow.... :) But they did release OMWF as a single ep. in R2 and actually, I do know many people, (I work backstage at a B'way theater) who would buy the musical but wouldn't buy a whole season.
So, it will be interesting to see.

If not, I can always watch my (slightly sped up, I know...) R2 ep... Pic. looks stunning, BTW....

:)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wow...that will really be upsetting if OMWF is non-anamorphic. As others have said, based on Angel being anamorphic, it really makes no sense.

Oh well, I'll wait for something official until I get upset.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Paul...you seem to have covered all the bases, including Mr. Staddon.

Your current sources are at least as good, and perhaps better than, mine. And Peter Staddon I would accept as the ultimate source for this.

Let's wait and see he says, but so far you've gotten me pretty convinced (unfortunately, because I don't like what I'm being convinced ABOUT).

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Still, I'd rather wait until I have the set in my hands. Don't take this as me being ignorant, I just would rather not speculate. :)

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
What I would like to know is when we're going to see some cover-art. It's been long enough Fox!

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
It'd be great if OMWF is anamorphic, but would Fox really go to the trouble of re-transferring this single episode of Buffy anamorphically when they have an extant letterboxed version? As long as it's as Whedon intended - not 4:3 in other words - then I'm not too bothered about an anamorphic version. I can always pick up the anamorphic R2 disc of OMWF instead (it'll be sped-up, but I can live with it).

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, that's all I'm going to say. :)

Has anyone had trouble with the Angel Season 2 set? Disc 1 and 2 skips and eventually freezes on my Playstation 2. I was thinking it was maybe just the drivers, as Jeepers Creepers 2 does it too. I had it sent in about a year ago to get the lens fixed, and everything has worked fine until now. I returned the Angel set, and the second one I got does the same thing, however not on my stand alone player, only on PS2. Anyone else having this difficulty?

Joel C

Screenwriter
These sets are generally stellar, but Fox seems determined to screw at least one thing up with each (a big deal, consdering the anal fanbase n genre shows). I'm still very annoed by the exclusion of the previously for "The Gift." And I'd bet the price of the set that that R2 "Gift montage" easter egg won't make it to R1.

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I would think that "Gift" easter egg was for the R1 DVD- I mean why would they need to make that an easter egg for R2??? R2 get's the "previously on"s...

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Because it's an Easter Egg. It probably won't be listed on the menus themselves. Why wouldn't R1 get it? Fox usually doesn't remove anything from the releases, only adds, if I'm correct.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Because it was approved for inclusion on the discs by the British Film Classification Board, which has to approve all extras (in the US, extras are unrated).

And they HAVE removed lots of stuff from the US releases, including trailers and a music video, along with the previously mentioned previouslies.

The montage is supposed to be on Season 7, not 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks