What's new

Boston Public 9/19/03 (Season Premiere) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to Guber's nervous breakdown this season.

Can't remember when a season opener stacked the deck against Guber like this one did.

Guber finding out about Marilyn's new love interest just might push him over.

The much ballyhooed "rape with/without consent" storyline was dealt with in a poor manner of deus ex machina, and the final straw was even more of a head scratcher.

!Carmen Torres es muy caliente!

Forked tongues got way too much airtime. The stuttering and the zero tolerance drug angle got played out too swiftly.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Way too much going on here. Hopefully Katims & company will take it down a notch while Kelley busies himself with The Practice v2.0 and The Brotherhood Of Poland, NH.

John Swarce

Second Unit
when did this "forked tongue" stuff start? This is the first time I have ever heard about it! And to think I used to worry about my kids getting an earring once....:frowning:

Rob T

Screenwriter
when did this "forked tongue" stuff start? This is the first time I have ever heard about it! And to think I used to worry about my kids getting an earring once....
It's part of a big thing called "body modification". It's been around for a while now, I think. at least a year or 2.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
On the rape issue, did you catch that the guy kept saying, "I would never rape a girl." leaving me with the impression that guys were fair game.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Thanks, Rob.

I was aware of the ever-expanding earlobe hole thing and the obvious piercings of body parts, but the forked tongue thing threw me! I guess TV really CAN be educational!;)

Rob T

Screenwriter
Thanks, Rob.

I was aware of the ever-expanding earlobe hole thing and the obvious piercings of body parts, but the forked tongue thing threw me! I guess TV really CAN be educational!
No problem. Some of the stuff that can be done can get really disgusting. Far more disgusting than a split tongue, but I doubt it would ever be shown on network TV.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
On the rape issue, did you catch that the guy kept saying, "I would never rape a girl." leaving me with the impression that guys were fair game.
Exactly. He was TOO specific - "I don't rape women.". Not "I'm not a rapist.". The first time he said it he just came across as odd, the 2nd time it really stood out. I don't think this storyline is over.

Anybody miss the two little boy teachers?? I thought not. ;)

The Torres character was WAY out of line. I don't know how it is these days, but when I was in HS if you were in physics class you were there because you had aspirations for a career that needed a strong science base and you CHOSE to take it as part of your advanced college prep track. If a teacher had come in and pulled that crap we would have been furious. Harper was right to call her on the carpet.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that rape thing was so messed up. I thought the girl was going to get away with it when she announced she was anatomically a male, but then said that the diagnosis was that she was a girl trapped in a boy's body.

Well, which one is it?

Glenn

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I'll take the trade of 2 younglings for 1 hot physics teacher (even with her free psychoanalysis).

Dustin Wind

Stunt Coordinator
This should be BP's last year.
The first two season were REALLY good then it went downhill HUGE.
I couldn't get through last season it was so bad.
Thats why they moved it to Friday nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks