What's new

Bose 3-2-1 system...anybody tried it? (1 Viewer)

Fernand

Agent
I saw a post once in this forum that states like this:
"Friends don't let friends buy BOSE"
That's the hard truth!! :D

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
I actually listened to this BEFORE developing the anti-Bose bias that comes from research and listening, and this is my impression then:

I just didn't get it. Their in-store demo setup was fancy, too bad the sound wasn't. I didn't even get the pseudo surround effect. I was sure at least the demo could be rigged to sound good with the material they used, etc. Nope. When even the demo doesn't sound right, you know the thing is not as advertised. And believe me, I'm not an audio snob and I've heard some demos of pretty low-end stuff in the stores that I've said "oh yeah, that sounds pretty cool." (though I'm sure you'd get pretty unimpressed with it once you got it home).

My point is, I don't think this thing sounds even remotely good as a surround sound system. And for $1,000?? You've got to be kidding me. It's almost offensive. I think the little Sony systems, also very small and simple, at 1/3 the price would sound much better. And of course what you could buy if you spent the full $1,000 would absolutely blow it out of the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks