What's new

Best TV for 2500.00 or less. (1 Viewer)

Ferrised

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed ferris
The Gateway Plasma finally died (please don't get me started on this piece o junk) anyway the wife is committed to our needing a new TV, 50" or better.

As I'm sure you can tell by my Gateway purchase I don't know crap about the hardware (computers are a different story) so I desperately need your help.

We can't do a projector, so what is the best TV out there right now? I don't care about 3d.

The Samsung UN55C7100 looked great and was 2100.00, I know the LG has THX cert. unit but they seem to be 3k on up.

Thanks folks for your help on this.

Ed Ferris An old Indian chief once described his own inner struggles in this manner.

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil.
The other dog is gentle and good.
The mean dog fights with the good dog all the time.

"When asked which dog wins, he reflected a moment and replied, "the one I feed the most."

And ALWAYS remember:Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I definitely like my 60-inch Sharp LC-60E88UN, which you can get for around $1600 or less. It's a CCFL LCD (i.e. not LED), but it looks great and in my opinion, CCFL probably has more of the 'bugs' worked out than the newer LED lightling system. This set can't be beat for the price.

Best Buy also has a store-exclusive version (re-numbered as LC-60E78UN) for around $1,300. I think the only difference is the 88 has 240hz processing and the 78 has 120hz.

And, if you're a foreign TV buff like me, it can also handle native PAL inputs and 1080/50i, meaning that if your DVD/BluRay equipment can output the native formats, you can watch them without any annoying standards-conversion degradation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks