What's new

"Bedazzled" 1967 -- Any news? (1 Viewer)

EddieKE

Auditioning
Has anyone heard if this title is being considered for DVD
release anytime soon?

While I enjoyed the 2000 remake with Brendan Fraser and
Elizabeth Hurley (the remake's best gimmick), nothing compares with the Peter Cook/Dudley Moore original.

Don't ask for much -- just:
Anamorphic widescreen transfer
Commentary with Stanley Donen & Eleanor Bron
New video interviews with Donen & Bron
Trailers, poster art, etc.

Thanks for listening!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
One of the funniest movies ever! "Leaping Berylians"
I've wanted this on DVD for a long time. Its time!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
The FOX movie channel has been show a hi-def Widescreen transfer of it. So I would image it will be on DVD sooner or later.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I wish that was a sure sign! Unfortunately, lots of stuff has shown up on FMC that hasn't made its way to DVD yet (and I'm not even going to mention Charlie Chan...oops, too late)!

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Bedazzled is being released on DVD in the UK later this year. Unfortunately for US fans who don't have multi-region players, the company that's releasing it, Second Sight, doesn't have a US division (and their rights probably don't extend beyond the UK, anyway).

More information about the disc are available here.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looked good in hd on the INHD cable network the other day.

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
Peter Cook is perhaps the funniest man of the twentieth century, and yet so painfully little of his work is readily available. If MGM can release The Hound of the Baskervilles, surely Fox can release Bedazzled. Of course, I could get the region 2 release, but I just flat out don't like PAL speedup.

(It's a crime against humanity that the COMPLETE surviving episodes of Not Only...But Also... are not available on DVD. The best of's just don't cut it).

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I agree 150% with everything you say, Matt. The BBC should stop pissing about and release a Not Only...But Also... boxed set of everything they own. The Best Of tided me over a while, but I desperate for more.

Bedazzled is very funny in places, but I wish it could have been wilder.

Does anyone care for the Derek & Clive material? I love it.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
That segment is outrageous, John. Derek also told of the time that he worked for Kirk Douglas, who had trouble with snails: MP3 Audio

Unfortunately, this affliction has not been hereditary and Michael Douglas has not had this problem.

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
Derek and Clive give me the f***in' horn!

"Soul Time" off of Ad Nauseum is the most disturbingly, offensively, digustingly hilarious song ever!

The BBC sucks. I've got some vintage 1965 "sauce de mummy" I'd like to pour all over 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks