What's new

Arrested Development S2: Where's the announcement? (1 Viewer)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
BUMP

Season 2 releases this week. Best Buy Reward Zone members (which is not me) can get it for $24.99.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Amazon's current deal, if you don't have Season 1 yet, is good: buy both, and get $10 off Season 2.

Marc Bax

Second Unit

Well then aren't you really paying $5 more? I know they give you .0001% back on every $73,000 you spend and whatnot I'm just not a Best Buy fan and prefer deals that don't require buying other things I don't need.

JamesED

Second Unit
Maybe a good sign on how well its selling, Best Buy and Walmart were both sold out here.

I'll grab it later this week, probably from Target.

JamesED

Second Unit
I checked some more stores while I was out for lunch. Seven stores total in the area are all sold out.

I'll check again Saturday, if not I guess I'll order from Amazon. I've had problems with deliveries to my new place, so I'm trying to hold out.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Either that or most retailers vastly underestimated demand. I was able to get mine at Best Buy around noon, but two friends of mine had no luck by 6 p.m., and that was at two different Best Buys, two Targets, a Wal-mart and a Sam Goody. This is also being reported all across the country.

I find it hard to believe there are that many people (besides us, of course) that would cause this title to sell out by mid-day on release date. Surely the retailers should have stocked enough copies to last at least a few days.

If DVD demand was any indicator, this show shouldn't be in risk of being cancelled. Maybe no one is watching the show in broadcast, choosing instead to wait for the DVDs. This scenario could (partially) explain the low ratings. I've read that this season's ratings are actually lower than last season's, and this season almost didn't materialize due to last season's disappointing ratings.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Has anyone seen a number of season 1 DVDs sold. That could be what is keeping this show afloat. That and pictures of some Fox exec. naked....

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

I didn't see Season 1 as it aired but I bought the DVD before Season 2 premiered and I never missed an episode during the season's entire first run. I didn't remember any continuity errors due to the placement of "Sword of Destiny" but when I watched Season 2 on DVD yesterday, I made sure to place "Sword of Destiny" right before "The Righteous Brothers" (in production order) and I can confirm that you want to follow airdate order (as the discs are presented), not production order. In "Sword of Destiny", Tobias is still appearing as Mrs. Featherbottom, which means the episode must take place prior to "Meat the Veals", where Tobias is "outed" as Featherbottom in the church. I don't know if the episode was reworked to place it earlier than it was supposed to be or if it was just produced later due to some scheduling conflict, which is very common in television shows, but I can confirm that the best way to watch Season 2 is in the airdate/DVD order.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
This blows. Arrested Development got cancelled for real this time. The season order was cut short too, down to 13 episodes, five of which have already aired. So those of you who're watching Season 3 now instead of waiting for the DVDs only have eight more episodes. And it's been pulled from November sweeps, with Fox claiming that they'll start burning off the remaining episodes December 5th. Hands up those of you who believe them who were promised airings of the remainders of Firefly, The Tick, The Inside, Andy Richter, Action, etc...Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'd just gotten hooked on it last spring when my friend lent me Season 1 on DVD. I was waiting for her to buy Season 2, but screw this, I'm going out and buying Season 1 and 2 today in protest (the Fox network doesn't get a lick of the DVD profits as far as I know. Fox Home Entertainment does, and they've never done anything to slight TV fans that I can think of. They just put out mostly damn good sets. Fox Home Entertainment good, Fox network [mostly] evil).

Maybe, with the Ron Howard influence, they'll be able to shop it around. Apparently it's a pretty expensive show for a half-hour format.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I don't know if I'd call Fox evil for ending a show that only got 4 million viewers. They have a responsibility to their stockholders and advertisers, and while I wish the show had been the next Friends, they gave it probably two years longer than any other network would have, and i never made it.

Granted, the Monday slot was never a good idea, but still, I can't hate them too much for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks