What's new

Anyone notice this problem with the "Mishima" DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I just received my DVD of Mishima and I noticed that there is a slight jumping of the image throughout the film.
It is not very noticeable but it is annoying and I was wondering if this is a problem with the disc, the transfer or my player(a Sony). I tried it out on my friends player but it also had the same problem (his is a Sony too). I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or had the same problem? I'm very confused and I'm not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance.

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
Yes. I thought maybe I was being too finicky, but after a while, on my 50" Toshiba (with line doubler), the motion drives me batty!
I have noticed this on a handful of DVDs. My new copy of Gandhi is rock solid, image-wise. Surely the telecine transfer techs can see the difference between a solid image and one that flits about in the frame when they test drive the finished product, BEFORE sending it to production?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
After looking at it again, I definitely think this is a problem with the transfer and not the disc or my player. Thee top of the frame is jumping up & down and disappearing slightly against the black bar which indicates a transfer problem, not a player problem.
Another strike against Warner!

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I have had no problem with this disc in my set-up whatsoever. I am also quite happy with the film & transfer.
Reg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks