What's new

American Idol - Season 13 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not sure how much interest this show can stir up in its 13th season, but I'm enjoying Harry Connick Jr.'s presence on the show so far.

Didn't hear too much talent on the first episode tonight, though... And I couldn't believe how many mediocre singers are going to Hollywood.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The J-Lo/ Connick banter was pretty amusing, but could get old fast.Everyone in my family commented on how much better she looks with her hair down. :)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Worst premiere ratings, but higher than last year's finale. Altho all the reviews I've seen actually LIKED the show...

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
And it's back.

I should ask: is there any interest for an AI challenge this season? If there is sufficient interest I'm happy to organize, but given the dwindling numbers over the years, I get the distinct feeling that there'd be a half-dozen participants only at the very best this year.

Those in favour say "aye" -- but I'm not holding my breath...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Aye.I didn't watch much of the first two episodes, but I liked what I saw. The judges have great chemistry so far.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Audition 522 year old Jessica Barrett was amazing and the guys voted her out.Just awful.Man questionable choices this show, mostly Connick.The Sugarhill gang daughter was terrible and they let her through.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They're into Hollywood week, and I don't even think I have anyone to root for yet on this season of AI.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So far this season seems excessively cruel to me.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I only caught a couple of minutes this week. The only thing that stood out was when they played around with some contestants by making them step forward and then step back again, which was disgusting. Cruel, indeed.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Aaron Silverman said:
Aye.I didn't watch much of the first two episodes, but I liked what I saw. The judges have great chemistry so far.
Sorry Aaron, but it would appear that the ayes do not have it… I'll keep watching this thread for any additional interest, but it would appear that unfortunately the RAF Memorial Challenge has run its course. Can't see the point of running it for two participants.

Perhaps the main plus point this season is less nonsense, i.e. absolutely useless singers who are totally self-deluded and think they're great, or the comedy acts who just want their 15 minutes. Even the three-vote rejects tended to be half-decent. I'd guess AI is viewing the competition posed by The Voice quite seriously and adapting accordingly?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Probably the worst final 13 ever on this show. Doubt I'll keep up with it on a weekly basis this season.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The two top 15 10 shows were about as dull and uninteresting as I've seen on this series.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
Not sure how much interest this show can stir up in its 13th season, but I'm enjoying Harry Connick Jr.'s presence on the show so far.

Didn't hear too much talent on the first episode tonight, though... And I couldn't believe how many mediocre singers are going to Hollywood.
Hard to believe you posted this over a month ago. Never even realized the show had started up again, that's how far off my radar it has fallen.

Good luck to those who enjoy it. :P

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had the top 13 on in the background last night, and I may have looked up when 3 of the contestants did their songs, but slim pickings this season...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode had too much fluff with mostly Harry acting like a jackass. They totally crushed Alex, felt bad for the kid as I liked what he did with his song. Can't really stand Malaya's performances, she's just odd to listen to and watch. Jessica wore a terrible top.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks