What's new

Amazon.com lists Carole and Paula in the magic garden dvd for October 14th !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Cover art is now up at cd universe !!! The description says, 10 episodes , a 3 disc set, perhaps extra features as well !!!!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Its strange that for this is going to be a 3 disc set, with only 10,,, 24 minute episodes.They couldve easily fit these on a 2 disc set.Im guessing the third disc is bonus material.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I was just browsing the dvd empire description for this dvd, it says it will include a cd !!!!!! Its probably music from the show.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Cant remember the name of the website at the moment, but it says as a bonus feature on the dvd, is a wpix interview with carole and paula!!! Its probably the one they did in 2003.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
The 3rd disc i believe is a music cd with several tracks.

I would have liked this to be a complete set of everything though.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I hope they do the opening credits right on the dvd set.If I remember correctly, there were 2 sets of opening credits. The first one would start, with the open up the window song, then commercal break. The second one, after the commercials, would be the garden of make beleive song.Hopefully the dvd gets this right without any missing footage.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
The VHS set that had been available through their website had the 2 complete openings, so I don't think this will be an issue.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yeah!!!!!! I just got e mail confirmation from a certain online retailer , that my dvd set has shipped to me!!!!! But, since im in Greece , ill be lucky if I get it by street date.Probably wont receive it till after october 14th.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Got mine in the mail today !!!! Here are my first thoughts on the set, lets begin with the picture quality.Ive sampled the first couple shows, and the picture seems to vary from episode to episode , even sometimes from scene to scene, it will look like its been taken from diffrent masters.Audio is about what youd expect from a series this old.I guess I shouldnt be complaining, since its just great, to even have this on dvd to begin with.The little booklet is wonderful, with lots of pictures of Carole and Paula, from diffrent time periods.Disc 2, does indeed include the interview they did for wpix in 2002 !!!!There is also the bonus music cd, but I havent listened to it yet.It seems there just might be a volume 2, because on the dvd disc art it says volume 1!!!Anyway, Im anxious to read if anyone else got there"s yet, and what you think.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Good news on the set, its currently as of this post , # 159 in amazons sales ranks, and number 4 in movies and tv category !!!!!!!!!! Pretty amazing when you take into consideration, that this was a show that was only broadcast in just a few states !!!!!Before release date , this was somewhere in the # 3,000 ranks at amazon.Then since release date, its been climbing the ranks like crazy !!!!!! I really didnt think it would even make the top 500 on amazon. You can bet that there will be a volume 2 next year !!!!!!

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I remember this show from when I was a kid. I can't see myself buying the DVD though. It was only shown in the New York City area I think? The things I remember most about the show are the "Hello hello it's time to say hello" and of course "see ya see ya hope you had a good good time..". Maybe one day I could rent the set or something.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Tv Fan, I have no idea how this rumour keeps living on that the show was only shown in New York! If thats true, explain how in the world I saw the show in the early 80s, living in Bethlehem ,PA??? My theory is it was at least shown in 3 states, New York, New Jersey ,PA.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I guess it was only shown in the greater metropolitan/tri state area because anyone who I've ever spoken to about the show outside the area never heard of it. But so many people in this area remember the show so well and usually start singing the songs when I mention it lol.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
This title just keeps climbing the amazon charts sales ranks, it is now # 131 !!!! The highest its ever been, could the top 100 be far behind ????? Pretty amazing for a small regional show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks