What's new

Also coming soon in Germany - The Detectives! (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
And the Germans keep cranking out the oldies. Next up is The Detectives starring Robert Taylor. Apparently this is going to be a 29 episode set. From what I could make out in the translation, they only have German dubbing on 59 of the 98 episodes so I'm guessing that's all that they'll put out. Still, if these have the English soundtracks on them, that's still 59 more than Fox will ever release over here, that's for sure.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is it 29 episodes or 59 episodes? You have both numbers in your post.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The first release seems to have 29 and its called volume one so I assume a second set is planned for the future with the remaining shows they have.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
It's listed as "Kein Fall für FBI - Vol. 1". I preorderd and it came to about $68.50 with shipping.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I wonder what season they didn't dub - or if they just jumped around like they did with THE ROUGES where only 20 shows were dubbed.

Lutz Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lutz
The 3rd season which consisted of 30 one-hour shows was never shown on German TV. So the 59 shows that were dubbed came out of the 68 half-hour shows of seasons 1 and 2. Great show, I just hope they do include the original language tracks and not just the dubbed audio. That would be worthless to me as I never watch dubbed versions.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Lutz, thanks for this info. I was unsure if the episodes would be a mixture of 30- and 60-minute episodes, or all 30 minutes. I hope that there will be an English audio option as well.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
ToddR2 said:
Lutz, thanks for this info. I was unsure if the episodes would be a mixture of 30- and 60-minute episodes, or all 30 minutes. I hope that there will be an English audio option as well.
Doesn't look like there's an English soundtrack (from the Pidax Film site on the release): 4 DVD im Amaray-Case mit Wende-Inlay (inwendig ohne FSK-Logo) Laufzeit: ca. 697 Minuten Bildformat: 4:3 Vollbild s/w Tonformat: Dolby Digital 2.0 Sprache: Deutsch Ländercode: 2 (Europa) System: PAL FSK: freigegeben ab 12 Jahren http://www.pidax-film.de/product_info.php?info=p116_Kein-Fall-fuer-FBI---Vol--1--The-Detectives-.html I was looking forward to this - now I'm going to cancel my pre-order.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Thanks for the news Maureen. It's a shame that there isn't an English soundtrack option. I would have ordered this, Captain Nice, and possibly the Zane Grey Theatre compilation that they are offering had there been an English option.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Perhaps Pidax (which has the right to all 3 sets) is in the same bind as Shout or Timeless here - they can only produce what they've been given. Both "Tammy" and "Mr. Terrific" sets were produced by Universal, and that's why they have the original English sound tracks.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Likely so. I don't know anything about Pidax, but I'm sure that they are a small operation, at the mercy of the suppliers of source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks