What's new

A-Team Season 5 is single-sided (1 Viewer)

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
Looks like Season 5 of The A-Team will be 3 single-sided DVDs.

www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6028

Universal has confirmed our weekend report that we can expect The A-Team - Season 5 (the final season) on October 10th. The set will go for $49.98 SRP, for 3 single-sided DVDs. Running time is 10 hours, 23 minutes. Video is full frame, and audio is English mono with English subtitles. Stay tuned for cover art, plus any additional info, when the studio makes that available!

---

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's good. I didn't have as many problems with the doubles as some did, but I finally got a freezer with Adam-12. Works on the computer, but not the standalone. It'll be better for peace of mind on singles.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Finally its announced. Now the question is has Universal done away with the double-sided discs or are they singles just because its a short season (like Battlestar Galactica, Incredible Hulk, etc)

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
The Rockford Files Season Two wasn't short and it got single sided discs.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Just about every recent Universal title has been announced on singles, I believe. I guess they got tired of all the returns.

Ugh. Seeing Vaughn on the cover reminds me of how crappy season five was. I don't know if I can go forward with it.

John*D

Second Unit
Yippie! I'll pick this up to complete the set! Plus I have the $5 coupon from season 4.

NOW ALL WE NEED is the A-team movie whenever they plan on filming that!

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
That site isn't more useful. They only post one out of every five DVDS that are going to be released on a certain day.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu

Do it for the 'Say UNCLE Affair' episode.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Aaaaah, single sided at last. A case of "too little, too late" as far as The A-Team is concerned (I bought R2 for seasons 1-3 and eventually 4 which wasn't a perfect solution but at least all the episodes play properly) but at least there's now hope for stuff like "The Equalizer" should they ever decide to release it!

John

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I hope there's a high defect rate on them, so people will want them to stop putting out single-sided DVDs as well.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I guess its too much to hope for some new interviews with the 'surviving' stars or a tribute to George Peppard.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I definately can't go forward with purchasing season 5. It was no longer the a-team anymore. I caught the S5 episodes on tvland recently to make sure it was as bad as i remembered and yes it was god aweful. I am happy owning the first four-seasons thats good enough for me :)

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
That would be great if there was at least something extra on one of these sets. It's a shame that there hasn't been a single extra to this point. I'm really not planning on picking up season five. What a dog that was. I doubt I'd really want to watch any of those eps on DVD since I always skipped A-Team for a while whenever season five came up in syndication.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Has anybody seen this in the stores yet? Every store I went to doesn't have it yet :frowning:

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I got mine this evening from Amazon, along with Scrubs S4; Magnum S5; Harvey Birdman Vol. 2 and Flintstones S2-5. I don't much remember Season 5 for A-Team, tho I do seem to recall Frankie Rodriguez and Vaughn as Gen. Stockwell. I really mourned the loss of Melinda Culea after only 26 episodes. Have only watched most of Disc 1 in Season 3, so I have some catching up to do and too large of a collection to ever do so, I guess.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks