What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Elephant Man (UK Release) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Robert Harris said:
Having sampled Studio/Canal's UK (open region) Blu-ray of David Lynch's The Elephant Man, I've come away blown away by the overall look and textures.This is a perfect Blu-ray.Rich, deep blacks that take on the look of charcoal. Full gray scale, perfect grain structure. It's all there.Audio is DTS-HD MA 5.1Great film. Magnificent Blu-ray.The Lawrence connection?Image - 5*Audio - 5Very Highly Recommended.RAH
I ordered the Studio Canal disc, unfortunately when I put it in my player, I found out it is region B locked. I guess I should have gone for the earlier Optimum release. It will play on my computer without forcing me to switch regions on the disc drive, but neither of my Sony Blu-ray players will play it, throwing up the message: "This BD can only be played on region B players."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark-P said:
I ordered the Studio Canal disc, unfortunately when I put it in my player, I found out it is region B locked. I guess I should have gone for the earlier Optimum release. It will play on my computer without forcing me to switch regions on the disc drive, but neither of my Sony Blu-ray players will play it, throwing up the message: "This BD can only be played on region B players."
Ouch. Sorry for you, Mark.

Wonder why it didn't turn out to be region free?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mike Frezon said:
Ouch. Sorry for you, Mark.

Wonder why it didn't turn out to be region free?
I spoke to RAH and he confirmed the the disc packaging he has is labeled A/B whereas mine is just labeled B. I believe the confusion lies in that I mistook which version he was actually reviewing.
I believe he may have the 2009 release from Optimum:
5809_front.jpg
5809_back.jpg

and I bought the Janurary 2014 disc from Studiocanal:
89377_front.jpg

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I have the one with the purple lettering on top there and it plays in Region A fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks