What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 1 - 10/29/02 (2 Viewers)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
still hate Kim's character. She is just as stupid as ever and must always be in some kind of trouble.
Well, yeah - people who aren't in or causing trouble don't have much place in thrillers. :)
I don't know about stupid, though - she seemed to take control of the situation pretty quickly, and only really seemed to be in trouble for the last five minutes. For all we know, next week she'll stand this guy down with "I've been held hostage by terrorists - you don't scare me".

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I like how the show started off. I'm happy that the style is still VERY much the same as the last season and that the new characters are already pretty well defined.

One thing I really like is how Jack has changed from the last season. If they wanted the show to be dumb, he would be head of CTU or be working for the government and his daughter would be in college, but instead they use the more realistic scenario that was used last night.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this season eagerly. The only thing is, what can they do next season to top nuclear terrorism?

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm dying to find out whether Jack just shows up looking for Wald next week with the guy's head in a duffle bag.

Anyone upset with Jack's actions at the end of the episode needs to remember that, as some others have said, Jack isn't law enforcement. He is ex-special forces who used to kill for a living, ie it was his team whose mission was to assasinate Drazen 3 1/2 years ago. The guy Jack shot last night was simply collateral damage.

Jack's mission in Season 2 is to prevent a nuclear device from detonating in Los Angeles. I seriously doubt Jack has a copy of the Miranda Rights in his wallet. He will stop at nothing to stop the terrorists. He is not a member of the ACLU and really doesn't care about manners or due process. That tends to get in the way when you only have 24 hours to save 2.5 million innocent people.

I said it last year and I'll say it again: 24 is the greatest show on television!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Josh, yeah 24 got the Emmy for best writing for a drama series. I didn't see the Emmy in last night's show, that's cool. :)
/Mike

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
For all we know, next week she'll stand this guy down with "I've been held hostage by terrorists - you don't scare me".
I was thinking the same thing after watching the preview for next week.

What I found funny, or coincidental, was that while this season starts at 8:00 am in L.A., the very first scene is actually in Seoul, S. Korea and it's 12 midnight.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Right on, Patrick. So, in essence, it is starting at midnight and leads me to believe it may link back to Seoul before this year's shows are over.

By the way, no one's making a big fuss over the torture that the man in South Korea was going through. Is it only because the protagonist (Jack) wasn't involved or is it for other reasons? Hmm.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I liked what I saw so Far. Keiffer Asking for a Hack saw ! Yikes he's over the Edge ! Has He slept in the year we last saw him? Excellent. My only resevation Shoehorning Kim back in seems forced especially if they hook her plot into the main storyline or even if they don't. It just seems I get a negative reaction whenever the plot breaks back to her.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Great first episode. A bit talky for the first 40 minutes or so, but that's OK - they needed to set up the premise and introduce the new characters, which they did very well. I'm expecting great things from the show this year and hope they sustain the quality over all 24 episodes. Can't wait for the return of Nina and Sherry! The best show on TV.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Patrick: it isn't an 8 hour difference, it is a *16* hour difference. The prime meridien is between the US and Asia. So in Korea it was the start of the next day.

-greg

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
well, according to the Windows clock Pacific Time is GMT - 8 hrs and Seoul is GMT + 9 hrs. So that would give a 17 hr time difference and at 8 am pacific it's 1 am the next day in Seoul.

/Mike

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
One big thread for such a serialized show.
Why? Just because it is serialized doesn't mean the discussion has to be in one big thread. Here's why I think this isn't the best way to do it:

1. This thread will get too big and unwieldly rather quickly. Figure at least 2 or 3 pages of posts per week discussing that week's show, maybe more. So at some point you'll no doubt have to start a new thread or two anyway.

2. What if somebody is running behind (watching the show later on FX or tape or Tivo) and wants to check out the discussion only up to the point he's seen? How does he know where to look and not go too far to see spoilers?

To me, having a new thread each week titled "24 - Episode 1 (8 - 9 a.m.)", etc., would be a better way to do it. Then people can check out the discussion on a specific episode as they see fit and wouldn't have to search for the beginning of each week's discussion.

Just my opinion.

Anyway, enjoyed the first show. After some initial setup it's right back to the suspense again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks