What's new

1776 coming to blu-ray on June 2nd! (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Adam Lenhardt said:
If they ever make a big screen version of Hamilton, this and that would make a hell of a combo release :)

My girlfriend saw and loved "Hamilton" and I used her love of it as an in for talking her into watching "1776" - they really are sort of spiritual soul cousins. Some of the set design and choreography in "Hamilton" appears inspired by "1776".

waltodonnell

Agent
Real Name
Conor
I listened to the commentary again the other day and had a question for Moe or anyone who may know. Do the dropped scenes from the play where Adams, Franklin and Chase are actually shown visiting the military training ground in New Brunswick, and where Adams and Franklin share a bed in an inn, survive anywhere in script form? If so, can it be posted here? I'd love to read it.

Reading the Historical notes in the back of the script book now, and it's interesting to read that Hunt and Stone planned to include these two scenes in the film version. Hunt makes no mention of this in the commentary, so I'm guessing they changed their minds by the time production rolled around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks