What's new

New cut of Dick Tracy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ain't It Cool News is changing servers, so this URL may change...
http://161.58.94.181/display.cgi?id=10382
Wondering what Warren Beatty has been up to since this years biggest flop "Town and Country"?..Well aside from getting the role of Bill in "Kill Bill" .Mr. Beatty is returning to his 1990 100 million doller grossing "Dick Tracy". Even though all the Dick Tracy Returns rumors were shot done withen weeks of it's release 10 years ago. Beatty has decided to work with Touchstone Pictures for a Region 1 Vista Series disc. Already availible in Germany and the U.K., When Touchstone decided to release it into the states they gave Mr. Beatty a call...
Evidently the film was somewhat cut from a 2 hour 15 min version and was alittle darker in tone. Although the Beatty had final cut he decided to tone it down in fear that it would'nt appeal to familys..Thus risking a box office bomb. The version that was released was 1 hour 45 mins and was rated PG. Some of these sceens will be cut back into the film ,while others will be added as cut sceens .The original 1990 Dick Tracy behind the badge,Behind the sceens Tv special will be added along with A new Dick Tracy Look at the origins of Tracy from the comics until now.Plus Updated Cast a crew interveiws looking back into the summer of 1990. Warren Beatty will provide a commentary track as will Danny Elfman .Others extras include trailers,tv spots and posters..I'm sure more will be added..
Interesting...
Jason
------------------
My DVD Collection

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
You know this always happens after I acquire the laser disc! Well, at least I will always have the theatrical version, even though it's not widescreen.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
smiley_jawdrop.gif
I hope this is true, its one of my 10 most wanted DVDs.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Hmmmm, now that it is interesting...
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Y'know, my skepticism of the Vista Series is wearing off bit by bit, you've got the best possible presentation on one disc, and all the other features on the disc 2. Yeah, yeah, other studios do that too, but the Vista Series is dedicated to it. I think only Fox 5-Stars are similar.
Anyway, if they would only release some of these Vista series we might be getting somewhere. I mean, c'mon, TOMBSTONE, that one is just a must-have. Unbreakable was sort of a weak entry in the series anyway.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
This looks like good news, although I remain always skeptical of AICN.
Within the Studio Day talk was discussion of many Beatty flicks that were awaiting his involvment. It would be nice to see him finally get involved and get this disc off the ground.
Chad

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully Disney does not mess this one up. It could be demo material if done right(all of those colors would look spectacular). It was also the first film to be released in Digital 5.1 sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks