Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpeg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Looks awesome. I'm probably reading too much into it, but the Fury Road-esque hypersaturated colors seem like a rebuke of Zack Snyder's gloomy, desaturated aesthetic.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It could very well be a rebuke. Snyder's gloomy, dark, desaturated look on both Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman has been the subject of much criticism. With the critical drubbing that the later film received, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the studio has, uh, "asked" that things be done a bit differently on Wonder Woman.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If any movie really has the ability to boost the DC films' profile, it's this one. There is a lot riding on this. Fortunately, Gadot and Pine seem a winning combination.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Looks great
I was just coming here to say the same thing. Gal Gadot's Diana/Wonder Woman was the best thing about BvS, so it's great to see her shine in her own movie. I thought they did a great job designing her costume for that movie, and in living color outside Gotham's gloom it looks even better. And Chris Pine's charisma as Steve Trevor provides a nice counter-balance.

There was a rumor heading into BvS that the Themyscirans would be an evolutionary offshoot of the Kryptonians that got stuck on Earth and formed an isolated matriarchal society. But no, Diana is a demigoddess born to Hippolyta by way absentee "father" Zeus. I appreciate the cleanliness of that, as opposed to the half-assed Asgardian society that seeks to provide a technological/alien explanation for Norse mythology.

My only complaint about the trailer was the music.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Considering the majority of WW was shot before BvS was released I highly doubt that.

When the principal photography was done is irrelevant. Color timing is done in post. Heck, practically ANYTHING can be done in post these days.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
When the principal photography was done is irrelevant. Color timing is done in post. Heck, practically ANYTHING can be done in post these days.

Or director Patty Jenkins and DP Matthew Jensen had a different aesthetic in mind for the color palette of the film than Snyder and Fong did for BvS. Not everything is some conspiracy of high up WB execs.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
It looks good. A little slow mo heavy for my tastes, but I like it overall. Nice to see Dawn from the office is in this.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Yes please.

I do like the setting they are going for in Wonder Woman. I am now watching a youtube series called the great war as we never really studied the first world war in history at school. We didn't study much of the second world war at school either, but there is no shortage of documentaries about that.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The trailer looks close to perfect for a faithful adaptation of the Wonder Woman origin story. in the comic books I always thought Steve Trevor was the luckiest guy on earth. With Diana Prince/WW madly in love with him, and saving him whenever he gets in trouble.. The trailer hints at this, so I hope a strong love story is an undercurrent to all the action.

I love the trailer and wish the movie were opening a little earlier. By the way, the Wonder Woman "reveal" music is catchy (to me anyway). I thought it was cool in BvS, and at the end of this trailer it got stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks