What's new

Wonder Woman (2017) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
We'll have to see how Gal Gadot does in the role, but honestly her Mediterranean look is much closer to what an Amazon princess would likely look like than most of the names that were thrown around.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Keith Cobby said:
Hayley Atwell should have been cast as WW.

Good choice, as is Jaimie Alexander (Thor, Blindspot), but I'm certainly willing to give Gal Gadot the benefit of the doubt and see how it goes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The brief bits of footage from the Wonder Woman movie in tonight's CW fluff piece on DC's upcoming film slate looked great. I'm far more excited for this than Batman v Superman or Suicide Squad.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
In my opinion, the short preview looks great, and I also rather like the premise behind this!

I'll be following this project more closely from here on out!

CHEERS! :)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
dpippel said:
More dark, teal-tinted cinematography? For Wonder Woman? Ugh.

I think that has to do with the WW1 setting more than anything.

Someone on blu-ray.com also stated the reasoning behind setting it in WW1 rather than the more familiar WW2, which I found interesting:

"Basically, WWII is a "good" war in which there is a clear bad guy: the Nazi party and Hitler. WWI is much more murky and there is no clear "good" or "bad" side, it was started by different countries trying to eek out more territory/power. So for Wonder Woman's origin, they can show her being trained to "protect the land of men" and when she sees the Great War (WWI) she goes out to do something about it but decides no side is worth "saving" which is why she then disappears till the modern day."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure that the color timing on that footage is necessarily going to be reflective of the final film. It seemed like in the DC promo special, they were trying to keep a certain visual continuity between the footage from all of the movies.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If Snyder's aesthetic is setting the tone for DC's films then I'm sure what we saw is what we'll get.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
New Wonder Woman image:

Wonder-Woman-Amazons-EW_image.jpg

A new image for director Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman has been released, featuring the mighty Amazons of the Island of Themyscira.

In the DC Comics, Themyscira is an island hidden from the eyes of men where the Amazons (the ones from the Greek myths) have thrived in harmony for centuries. Sometimes called Paradise Island, it's also the birthplace of one Princess Diana of Themyscira (Gal Gadot), daughter of Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I see the color palette hasn't improved.

Are there no clear skies in the Zack Synder universe? They're on a tropical island, for cryin' out loud!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed Gal Gadot's take on the character in Batman v Superman, a movie that I largely disliked otherwise, and that increased my interest for this film.

On the other hand:
Batman v Superman basically gives away the ending to this film, and it's a bummer. Whatever happens in 1918, it causes Diana to give up hope and turn her back on humanity for a century.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I really enjoyed Gal Gadot's take on the character in Batman v Superman, a movie that I largely disliked otherwise, and that increased my interest for this film.

On the other hand:
Batman v Superman basically gives away the ending to this film, and it's a bummer. Whatever happens in 1918, it causes Diana to give up hope and turn her back on humanity for a century.
Well, like they say, it's all about how that comes about.

Also, it's worth noting that they're on record stating that it'll have post-BVS content as well, so maybe it won't fully play out like we think right now.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
After seeing Gadot as WW/Diane in BvS, I am now looking forward to the WW movie in 2017.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like some half baked Captain America: The First Avenger clone? All they did was remove a roman numeral off the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks