Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015

Discussion in 'Movies' started by oscar_merkx, Apr 13, 2012.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Hi ya
    I thought I might as well start a new thread now that more news is being revealed about the next phase of the Avengers sequel
    http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2-iron-man-3-avengers-sequel-interview/158942/

ruthkeith likes this.
  2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Here's a map of how all of the movies connect with each other:
    [​IMG]

3. MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60 I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific

Stephen Lilley
    That's wrong. THE INCREDIBLE HULK happens at roughly the same time as IRON MAN 2, not IRON MAN. You can see news reports of what's going on in HULK on TV screens during one of the final scenes in IRON MAN 2.
    And that also mean that IRON MAN 2 has to come first, as they don't refer to Tony Stark as a "consultant" (which is why he's seeing Thunderbolt Ross) until that final scene as well.

4. Adam Lenhardt

The map is from a production standpoint, not so much an in-story standpoint. "Incredible Hulk" was made more or less concurrently with "Iron Man", that's why they're listed next to each other. Despite Tony Stark's cameo, it sounds like they've rethought the Hulk from scratch for "The Avengers", so I'm not 100 percent sure we're supposed to take "The Incredible Hulk" at face value any more.

5. MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60 I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific

Stephen Lilley
    Oh oh oh. Well then yeah, that's right :)
    It's not so much that they rethought him for THE AVENGERS, isn't just that there were two distinct interpretations of the ending of that movie - either that he learned to control his power, or he didn't. Seeing as how there is no HULK sequel and now there's THE AVENGERS, it means that he hasn't learned to control it.
    They also try to explain why Tony Stark shows up in THE INCREDIBLE HULK in a Marvel short film on the THOR blu-ray, so we're definitely still supposed to be considering it canon. It's just that, in the grand scheme of things, it's probably the least important movie out of all of them.

6. Cory S.

Cory S. Supporting Actor

I know the answer to the Incredible Hulk in Avengers. Apparently Whedon's come up with some clever about his status as Hulk...and apparently he's learned how to control it with an interesting twist to the character.

7. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  8. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    That's good news about Joss Whedon doing Avengers 2. He did a great job with The Avengers and I'm glad he'll be the one expanding on that.

9. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    The next one has an official release date: May 1, 2015

10. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Here's an article with an interesting interview with Whedon:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/marvel-s-the-avengers-2-news-and-captain-america-2-movie-sequel-updates
    A few excerpts:
    Initially when I read elsewhere Whedon saying he wanted to go "smaller" with the next one it left me scratching my head, seeing as how the whole point of The Avengers is that they come together when the threat is so large that not one individual hero could deal with it. I didn't post that here because I thought it needed clarification. Then when I read this article (linked above) it clarified better what he meant. He want's to really delve deeper into the characters and relationships (but still with the movie on a grand scale).
    Another interesting bit about his involvement in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

11. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    A brief quote from Joss about the tone of Avengers 2:

12. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Another interview with Joss
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/joss-whedon-much-ado-about-nothing_n_1876182.html
    And from a different interview...
    Damn! 3 years is a long time off, but I'm really excited for The Avengers 2 and all of the new Phase 2 entries! Can't wait 'til we get started next May with Iron Man 3!

13. vencruise

vencruise Auditioning

o..! wow avengers 2., can any one please tell me the releasing date of this movie. i am really waiting for this very badly...........

14. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    May 1, 2015
    Edit: Weird. I'd swear the above date was in response to a question that now appears to have been removed.

15. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Kevin Feige talks about Thanos
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172803-kevin-feige-talks-about-thanos-in-upcoming-marvel-movies
    Cool that they are already giving at least some thought to Phase 3.

16. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

more from Kevin Feige : http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/24/avengers-2-kevin-feige-joss-whedon/
    Very curious about the 7 things that Feige mentioned. What could they be ?

17. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    image.jpg
    Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are very likely to be in Avengers 2!
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/02/iron-man-3-marvel-phase-two/6/
    Joss Whedon has finished a first-draft and told reporters at the Iron Man 3 premiere there will be a brother-sister team in it. Fans began speculating online that Quicksilver, who can move with incredible speed, and his sorceress sister Scarlet Witch were the only possible contenders.
    A source close to the movie confirms to EW that, yes, they are the ones in the script.
    Feige kept his poker face when asked about it. I’m not confirming or denying,” the producer said. “The draft could change six months from now.” He notes that the Mandarin was the main villain in the first Iron Man movie until shortly before filming began.
    All of the Avengers from the first movie will be back. At least, that’s the plan. Robert Downey Jr. has currently fulfilled his contract obligations as Iron Man, but nobody – including the actor himself – expects that he’ll skip this one.
    Just like in the comics, new characters will also join the ranks. “What’s fun is that the roster shifts,” Feige says. “It was always the intention to have a storyline that brought in, obviously, new bad guys and potentially new heroes.”

18. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Joss Whedon has now confirmed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be in Avengers 2
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176981-joss-whedon-confirms-quicksilver-and-scarlet-witch-talks-iron-man-returning
    And he confirms the return of Tony Stark as Iron Man

19. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Joss Whedon talks a bit more about the mutant twins joining The Avengers 2:
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177121-joss-whedon-talks-scarlet-witch-and-quicksilver-in-the-avengers-2
    Some silly Internet people had been wondering if Brain Singer using Quicksilver in Fox's Days of Future Past would cause Whedon and Marvel to change their plans regarding using Quicksilver. Clearly not.

20. Adam Lenhardt

It'll be interesting to see if they cast the same actor and actress in the roles for both movies. Singer's signed Evan Peters for Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past while Whedon is reportedly circling Saoirse Ronan for the Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2.