What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Muppet Movie -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Wayne_j said:
I figured it out, I still think it is a very annoying feature to be set on by default. I actually went to the set up menu before watching the movie in case Disney pulled an "OZ the Great and Powerful" and defaulted to DD 2.0 for the soundtrack. I didn't even notice the intermission option.
Well I got confused by that too...because I completely forgot the Muppet Movie doesn't switch to stereo until the rainbow shows up in the opening titles!

I also wish they'd have added the deleted scenes...I never realized the movie had deleted scenes until I read the other thread. I wonder if those were added for a tv version? Or just existed on European home video???

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Ethan Riley said:
Well I got confused by that too...because I completely forgot the Muppet Movie doesn't switch to stereo until the rainbow shows up in the opening titles!

I also wish they'd have added the deleted scenes...I never realized the movie had deleted scenes until I read the other thread. I wonder if those were added for a tv version? Or just existed on European home video???
The YouTube poster said they were in the UK prints and only that one video release.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
First time I've noticed...Mel Brooks has only a short cameo in this film, but they still managed to work his trademark "Walk this way" gag into The Muppet Movie!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I watched this last night. Other than the inclusion of the longer UK cut, I couldn't have asked for a better disc.BTW, listen to the film with the German soundtrack. It has the alternate "Never Before" arrangement and the extended closing music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks