A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Lincoln Lawyer -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    I find it very interesting viewing films shot via Red on Blu-ray, as it give the opportunity to really see the differences between quality data and film.

It shouldn't matter what the capture mechanism is for a film, as long as it works and does the job. Cinematographer Lukas Ettlin's work provides a superb looking experience, with one shot in particular reminding me of John Wayne's entrance in Stagecoach. Nicely done.

The Lincoln Lawyer is a thriller / courtroom drama which works very well, with Mr. McConaughey as a defense attorney taking on a life-altering case, that is far more involved than he (or the audience) might suspect.

This is a quality piece of entertainment, offered by Lionsgate on a terrific looking Blu-ray. Everything works here, inclusive of the uncompressed 7.1 channel audio.

A very interesting cinematic ride.

Recommended.

RAH

2. marsnkc

marsnkc Supporting Actor

Andrew
    Thanks, Robert. Sounds like my cup of tea. Looking forward to it!

3. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    As much as I try to avoid McConaughey, I've heard good things about this film and your opinion cements that trend Robert. Just added to my Netflix queue. Thanks for your impressions, as always.