What's new

LAWMAN: The Complete First Season, May 5, 2015 (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
importcds.com today is showing LAWMAN: The Complete First Season coming from the Warner Archive with a May 5, 2015 release date. Search Warner Archives at importcds and then sort by Release Date (New).

LAWMAN has 156 half-hour episodes, and ran for four full seasons, on ABC, holding it's own against Ed Sullivan, 1958-62. Season One has 39 episodes. Lawman was the smoothest running WB classic western series and seems not to have had any of the behind the scenes drama, such as cast members walking off, like Cheyenne, Maverick, and Colt.45.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Even though I captured all the episodes off Encore Western a few years back, this will be a day one purchase for me. Figuring Kildare, Bronco, and Spenser should be finished this year and hoping we will get the final season of HTWWW at some point. This only leaves Lawman as the final WB title I really want. Maybe by the end of next year it will be complete as well.

Some times titles appear on the WB site before other sites. Maybe this will be one of the April releases.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great News I have been waiting for them to release this one since 2011.

I would guess that this will be completed by the end of next year. 2 seasons a year.

Since Bronco will be completed this year, Season 1 of Colt .45 is a safe bet for this time next year. I look forward to Colt .45 as well another 30 minute western.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I too captured all the Lawman episodes off Encore Westerns, but am really tempted to "sort of" double dip. I'm all in for Colt .45, should it ever come. Having released The Dakotas, that pretty much leaves just Colt .45 and The Alaskans as the only remaining WB Westerns, unrelased.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The Lawman episodes should be re-mastered as the previous Westerns have been with the exception for Cheyenne season 1.

So they should be an upgrade over the encore westerns versions.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Randy Korstick said:
The Lawman episodes should be re-mastered as the previous Westerns have been with the exception for Cheyenne season 1.

So they should be an upgrade over the encore westerns versions.

Agreed. I had Cheyenne and Maverick captures I made myself from Encore broadcasts just prior to WB releasing them. The prints used by Encore for all three series (including Lawman) were very good (may even have been from fairly recent scans by WB, don't know for sure). However, the broadcast bitrate and capture is not as high as what's provided on the DVD's, no station bug (depending on when captured could be sporadic or throughout the entire show), and commercial disks make the WB releases/upgrades worth it to me.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I would also like to have pressed discs over the ones that I burned myself. Assuming the initial sets are pressed, and with the better quality video, gives me some good reasons to pick up Lawman season sets from WB.

The cost shouldn't be too steep, with Lawman a half hour show, 5 discs should handle each season.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
LAWMAN Season One is the cover item on the May 2015 Critic's Choice catalog (ccvideo.com) and is listed as exclusive to them.

I had pre-ordered Lawman from importcds, when it's listing changed from "coming soon" to "in stock" along with another May 5th release and was puzzled when Lawman vanished from the importcds site, and my order was not showing in my account.

But, Friday I received a shipping notice, from importcds, for Lawman and my other item and I hope my order arrives by mid-week or at least by this coming Saturday.

importcds.com has their SAVE10 code sale going on until May 7th, so I ordered BRONCO: Season 4 and Gene Autry Collection 10, even though they won't ship until May 19th.

"The Lawman came with sun...."

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Bob Gu said:
LAWMAN Season One is the cover item on the May 2015 Critic's Choice catalog (ccvideo.com) and is listed as exclusive to them.

$38 for the season is what I would expect it to be going for, but for Critic's Choice to charge $9 shipping and handling is a bit much. I'll wait a month for when it shows up at WB. At least with WB I can order a few more things and get free shipping.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Looking forward to the time when Warners has ALL of their classic western series released. Not real sure my wife is that excited, but she will be glad to see the checkbook stop handing out cashe to the WB! :D

I really am most looking forward to COLT .45, though. I think this is the only WB western I have NEVER seen!!!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I like getting the Critic's Choice paper catalog in the mail so I like to order from them once in awhile to keep the catalog coming (even though it is viewable online). So to mitigate the postage they charge I usually try to order nine sale items.

CC and Deepdiscount also still do the 25% off sale in June and CC's catalog sometimes has lower postage or buy 4 get one free coupons.

Imports and CC also sometimes charge a extra "heavy item" fee. 2/3 of the time importcds is usually cheaper, even with the postage, for the Archive titles. And sometimes they have crazy sales for stray Archive series, like Maverick S-5 and Spenser S-1. And their shipping times seem to have improved. (I hope saying that didn't jinx my shipped LAWMAN order.)

"There was a job to be done..."

josh randall

Auditioning
Real Name
Bernie Barnes
Is this some sort of a joke?

I am unable to find any reference to the May 5 release of Lawman ANYWHERE.......that is NOWHERE !!!!

Methinks we've all been had.

BUT...can't wait for somebody (or anybody) to prove me wrong.

HELP !!!!

Josh Randall

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
It appears to be an exclusive to Ctics Choice & is listed on their website as in stock.

Being overseas I hate these exclusives as they are impossible to get.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Warner Archive did this before with Season 1 of Sugarfoot and Bronco. The exclusive window is only 2-3 months and then it will show up on the WA site, Amazon and others. Probably July or August. I can wait until WA gets it, as the exclusive sites always have good pricing but then they tack on high shipping charges and handling fees that bring the total to the same or more than WA.

Silverking said:
It appears to be an exclusive to Ctics Choice & is listed on their website as in stock.

Being overseas I hate these exclusives as they are impossible to get.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
josh randall said:
Is this some sort of a joke?
Only to people who don't read the whole thread. I explained what happened in post #9. It was removed from importcds on April 23rd, but they honored my preorder and I have received a shipped notice. It's been listed as "coming soon" at importcds sister site, Critic's Choice , ccvideo.com since April 2, and listed as in stock, release May 5th, since about April 17th.

I do not post about a release until I see it at an e-tailer or in the Critic's Choice Catalog, which gets WAC exclusives quite often. And I do not appreciate being accused of being a prankster.

"So they sent for the badge and the gun of the Lawman."

josh randall

Auditioning
Real Name
Bernie Barnes
Sorry Bob, I didn't intend to upset your feelings Actually I did read your whole blog and noted your receipt of a shipping advice.

Accordingly I (incorrectly as it turns out) assumed Lawman must have been relisted. I then spent half an hour fighting with CCs website only to be told at every turn "no result found."

Not knowing it is an "exclusive" I then searched umpteen other sites with the same outcome.

Thanks for your help.

"and as he silently rode........."

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Ok, Josh/Bernie, your welcome, and thanks for playing along with the Lawman theme song.

The next line I could never quite hear:

"where evil...???"

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Bob Gu said:
Ok, Josh/Bernie, your welcome, and thanks for playing along with the Lawman theme song.

The next line I could never quite hear:

"where evil...???"
Where evil violently flowed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks