What's new

We're Back! (mostly) (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We are back up and on-line. We are still importing Avatars and working on images over the next few days and looking to see what we can do with subscriptions. We appriciate your patience during this time.

We are still under construction and have some new navigation menus and other features on the way over the next two weeks.

If you have an enhancement request of bug report, please click on the tracker link above and log it there. For general help and feedback head on over to the feedback forum.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Is this official?
This can't be the first post for the reboot?

I had to use FB to log in. My old login didn't work.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
TonyD said:
Is this official?
This can't be the first post for the reboot?

I had to use FB to log in. My old login didn't work.
Yep official! We heard that some users may need to reset their password.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
What a palava! The new system didn't remember my username, had to use email + reset. And somehow you've found a different avatar of mine... :ph34r:

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Forum transitions are always hard work (I've been through a couple myself), so congrats guys for getting it done and I hope you get a well-deserved break soon.

Just some feedback from me:

As with the guys above, my username and correct password weren't recognized when trying to login. My username wasn't even recognized when trying to get a reset email, so I had to enter my email address, reset my password, then login with my email address (again, because my current username isn't working in the login process).

Also, a lot of my profile information, including my real name and location, had been deleted, so I reentered them.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
As I was texting to Sam Posten about Tuesday or so, migrating to a new platform must be similar to almost every home improvement job I've ever done, Usually, it takes 2-3 times longer than I ever imagine. Sure glad HTF is back...

and, yes logging in was not straightforward....

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
For others with password troubles, I could neither log in nor successfully reset my password based on my forum user name, but I was able to get in successfully by logging in with my e-mail address.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Old friends are like good wine. Welcome back. You have been missed. Had to reset password but could only do so through email address and not user name. But when there is a will there is a way.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ken_McAlinden said:
For others with password troubles, I could neither log in nor successfully reset my password based on my forum user name, but I was able to get in successfully by logging in with my e-mail address.
Same here, as I'm trying to figure out the new layout of this forum.

In any case, welcome back, HTF! Now I can update my tracking lists! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Whew! My browser just about imploded doing that auto reload every 30 seconds! :D

Welcome back!

I, too, had to use email address to log in as the site wouldn't take my username even after a password reset.

Now to update all those shortcuts/links...

I must say I'm liking the layout and new font style. It's very readable.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My new silhouette doesn't capture my hair. I'll have to have it done up again... (update: how's that?)

I must must MUST figure out how to pad my "warning points". I need that with my new AV? Do I have to be bad...? :p *picks nose* *farts* tee hee hee hee!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Add me to the list of those having trouble logging in. At first I couldn't even get the system to send me a reset email and when it did, I still couldn't get it to work. After some crossed emails with Adam though, it's now working, and as with everyone else on the thread, it only gets me in with my email address.

I too have been through a few of these conversions over the years and there are always bumps in the road. Thankfully though, the bumps always manage to get straightened out (well, except for Huddler!), and I anticipate that in the upcoming weeks and months, we'll all feel at home and hardly remember the old system.

By the way - so far, so good. The new digs look good and generally make sense. Congrats to the guys who made it happen, and know that there are those of us on the sidelines still rooting for you!

Thanks again.

Harry

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Same as others, needed my email as username but signed in ok.

1zf2ctv.jpg
HTF
nd31ci.jpg
25i52f7.jpg
to all from Dallas

Let the postings commence
180qo8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member