What's new

You voted and the results are in! (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
[SIZE= 14px][font=""Calibri""]Fox Studios “Voice Your Choice” Results[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px][font=""Calibri""]Over the past several weeks,Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment invited Home Theater Forum members and other enthusiasts to vote for the titles they would most like to see released on Blu-ray. All the votes have been counted and the results are in! 42,000 people cast over 80,000 votes on Home Theater Forum and www.foxconnect.com for their favorite titles from past decades. Before we get to the results, we want to thank Fox for allowing Home Theater Forum to participate and for allowing the enthusiasts to express their interest in upcoming releases. While not every title could be a winner, Fox has told us that they are[/SIZE] going to be using the voting results and write-in information to identify additional titles to add to their 2014 Blu-ray release schedule. [/font]
[SIZE= 14px][font=""Calibri""]Here are the winning titles in each decade. They will be coming to Blu-ray as part of the Fox Studio Classics series on December 3rd:[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1930s: Jesse James[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1940s: Ghost and Mrs. Muir[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1950s: Carmen Jones[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1960s: North to Alaska[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px][font=""Calibri""]But it doesn’t stop there! Fox was so impressed by the response that they will be releasing the title that finished second in each decade too! So look for these additional titles on December 3rd as well:[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1930s: Call of the Wild[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1940s: Black Swan[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1950s: Desk Set[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]· [font=""Calibri""]1960s: Undefeated[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px][font=""Calibri""]HTF members and other voters weren’t shy about letting Fox know about additional titles they wanted as the write-in box was used over 8,000 times! It will come as no surprise to HTF members that the film that received the most requests via write-in was Cavalcade. Based on the overwhelming support it received Fox has decided to release it on Blu-ray this August![/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px][font=""Calibri""]But wait, there’s more: As a way of saying thank you for your support, Fox will be giving Home Theater Forum members discount codes for these titles on FoxConnect.com when they’re made available for pre-order, and a coupon code good for a limited time for titles currently available on FoxConnect.com. Just enter VYCWINNERS for 20% off![/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px][font=""Calibri""]Thanks again to our members and everyone else who voted and to Fox for allowing enthusiasts to voice their choice![/font][/SIZE]

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yes! Three of my votes made the cut! Will pre-order them all! Congrats to Fox!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm disappointed about Kiss of Death not making the cut, but happy with the other titiles being released especially Cavalcade.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
i'm very happy to see Cavalcade, Desk Set, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Black Swan made the grade. I never thought I'd see Cavalcade on BluRay!

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
I STILL want The Blue Bird and Don't Bother to Knock. And Inferno 3D for the write-in.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Looks like those that didn't win first or second are at least getting another chance for 2014 releases. Look forward to these titles. Though I will add that the placement of two John Wayne titles in the 60s bracket was very unnecessary. Those were guaranteed breadwinners that crowded out other titles that the poll would have been better suited for.
Adam Gregorich said:
HTF members and other voters weren’t shy about letting Fox know about additional titles they wanted as the write-in box was used over 8,000 times! It will come as no surprise to HTF members that the film that received the most requests via write-in was Cavalcade. Based on the overwhelming support it received Fox has decided to release it on Blu-ray this August!
FI-NALL-YYYYY!!!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Very delighted with the news about Cavalcade, and the winners' list and runners-up were worthy choices (well, that may be stretching it for Undefeated).
Thanks for the update, Adam.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Robert Crawford said:
I'm disappointed about Kiss of Death not making the cut, but happy with the other titiles being released especially Cavalcade.
THIS

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I must be a dinosaur riding, Latin speaking Neanderthal to not particularly care for CAVALCADE. Be that as it may, do these results represent the WHOLE of Fox's catalog releases for the next year plus?

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
JoHud said:
Looks like those that didn't win first or second are at least getting another chance for 2014 releases. Look forward to these titles. Though I will add that the placement of two John Wayne titles in the 60s bracket was very unnecessary. Those were guaranteed breadwinners that crowded out other titles that the poll would have been better suited for. FI-NALL-YYYYY!!!
THANK GOD WE FINALLY WILL HAVE CAVALCADE!

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Noach Kowalski said:
Two For the Road is not even second. What a joke.
I have no doubts it will be released. Maybe just not until next year. Patience, my friend. I've been playing the waiting game for all of the titles in the voting for about 5 years, another one won't kill me. But I honestly think (as I have expressed in other forums) that the Wayne titles did not have to be voted on to ensure release. That is why Agony and the Ecstasy and Two for the Road should have been a part of the studio classics series. That's just what they are; classics. Undefeated is far from that, but I'm happy to see it released. My only other complaint is that I wasn't expecting to have to wait until December to get these titles, but I'll wait if it means they will be properly restored for BD release.

Old Fogey

Auditioning
Real Name
Norman J Buss
Well, I'm happy. Glad they decided to put the second ones in. I am disappointed that the three big westerns from the fifties (The Bravados, Broken Lance, and especially The Tall Men) didn't make it but I hope Fox doesn't give up on them. They are made for blu and I think they would sell.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Old Fogey said:
Well, I'm happy. Glad they decided to put the second ones in. I am disappointed that the three big westerns from the fifties (The Bravados, Broken Lance, and especially The Tall Men) didn't make it but I hope Fox doesn't give up on them. They are made for blu and I think they would sell.
THIS. I seriously hope none of the westerns (with exception of True Story of Jesse James) go to Twilight Time.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Happy to see Jesse James, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Black Swan, and Desk Set made the cut. I'm a casual John Wayne fan at best, so those 60's titles are an ehhh for me personally. Hope to eventually see Kiss of Death, Bedazzled, and Inferno (1953) released on Blu-Ray. - Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks