What's new

Breaking Bad Season 4 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just got into this. After years and years of hearing about this show on talk-shows, different sites that I visit daily and here and there, I tried it. I said that's impossible, everyone says that this is the greatest show ever. So I did the right thing and started from the beginning and just finished season 1,2,3 and 4! I guess I'm lucky that I was able to watch all of them like this. I don't know how you guys did it, waiting for so long and over the years.
I have to say that indeed this is one of the best series I have ever seen. I don't watch series anymore because it takes a long time and you just kind of feel cheated and feel things are just too long just for the sake of it. But this series never felt long (except the fly episode that truly felt like a filler).
I have to say my favorite season is season 4 and my ultimate favorite episode is episode 411 Crawl Space. I think this was the best episode and would have been the best way to end the series. i think they should have kept this plot point for the end. I explain. It would have been great to end the series this way: the bad guys are coming to kill Walt and his family and he knows the only way to get out is to hire that guy that erases your trace, so he goes to his home to get the money and for whatever reason finds out that he doesn't have that amount of money anymore. So he goes mental like laughing crazy and we see the bad guys are coming to get him and his family. This would have been the perfect ending. It would be interesting to see what they come up with in season 5.
Anyone knows what was the point of that Terminator scene according to the writers? Because it seems strange and out of place to me for a show that tries to be "real". You die instantly, there is no windows shutdown sequence in brain.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sam,

Your post brought a big smile to my face today.
Always enjoy hearing someone discover BREAKING BAD.
I had 3 seasons worth of catching up to do last year before
Season 4, but it was well worth it.

Yes, one of the best series I have ever seen and I am
so looking forward to Season 5 in July.

As far as "The Terminator" ending, obviously it was done
for pure shock effect on the audience. As hideously
unbelievable as it turned it out to be, it managed to greatly
satisfy the audience!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
SamT said:
I don't know how you guys did it, waiting for so long and over the years.
I always say this but when it comes to serialized shows, part of the fun for me is waiting week to week or year to year to see what comes next. It's cool to sit back and watch a bunch of seasons in a few weeks but it's a different experience when you've been with the show and gotten to 'know' the characters over the years. For example, I watched the first three seasons of Battlestar Galactica and loved it but I can only imagine how much more I would have gotten out of, say, New Caprica and all of the awesomeness there if I had been watching the show for a couple years rather than a couple of weeks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, there's this bit of marination that goes on when you watch a good show on a weekly basis, vs. just devouring a season set in a few days. Mainly, when you watch episodes back-to-back-to-back, it's more a plot-driven viewing experience, but on a weekly basis, the episode unfolds and has room to breathe, and you can soak in the details more because you don't have the next episode to satiate your curiosity immediately.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Thanks Ron, that was a direct reference to you, watching it the correct way! :D I knew you watched 4 episodes of season 4 before starting from season 1. Its like watching 15 minutes of a movie before starting from the beginning, I would never do that! :)
About the week to week waiting, yes I guess it will be a different feeling and I will experience it with season 5. I'm not sure if it's better because you forget what has happened before and forget about the urgency of some situations. I think I enjoy them more when I watch them back to back.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sam,

Looking forward to our upcoming conversations of weekly shows
in the TV forum once the new season is underway.

Hopefully, this last season won't let fans down.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/309775/breaking-bad-season-4/150#post_3930865
I always say this but when it comes to serialized shows, part of the fun for me is waiting week to week or year to year to see what comes next. It's cool to sit back and watch a bunch of seasons in a few weeks but it's a different experience when you've been with the show and gotten to 'know' the characters over the years.

I definitely hear you, as I have done it both ways with various shows. Sometimes when a season has already completely aired, I would try to limit to 1 episode per day, or an episode every other day. Takes some planning, but I guess, it is a compromise between the 2 methods. Just a method of my madness.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well I found two interesting reads not linked here before:
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-4
http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan-walks-us-through-season-four-of-bre,63013/
For the Terminator scene, he says that the main reason was to place no doubt that he is dead. Because there was a confusion at the end of season 3 if that guy was shot or not, so he wanted to avoid it.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
This will be the first of the four Breaking Bad seasons I will pick up on Blu-ray Disc. I shall do so as a birthday present--12 days from now!!!!! Its three predecessor seasons will go under the tree in December!!!!! :P

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sam, that's exactly how I took it. When he first walks out, you say, "Well, shit. He survived." Then, you are handed conclusive proof that he won't be coming back.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
While it may seem hard to believe that Gus could walk out before falling, people have done some pretty amazing things just before they drop dead.
Wars, accidents etc. have stories of some pretty gruesome stuff that people do just before they die.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks