What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Yes, we are and A*P*E is not to be confused with King Kong!

Ape-NY.gif

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Can't wait to see this in 3D...and, no, there's no confusing it with any version of King Kong, not that the filmmakers haven't given it their best shot. :)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
From our website: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/silver-age-1966---1986

In February 1976, filming began in Korea on THE NEW KING KONG in Space-Vision. On March 15, a trade ad was placed in Boxoffice. At that time, Dino De Laurentiis was in production on his $22,000,000 remake of KING KONG and the producers changed the title to SUPER APE in June. It finally opened as A*P*E in October.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
At last, a movie even worse than "King Kong Lives!" (if the reviews on IMDb are any guide).
Kino are welcome to make this one region A as it will save me from temptation.:):3dglasses:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I've seen them both and can indeed confirm that APE - sorry, A*P*E - is worse than King Kong Lives.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Good Day MisterLime:
Since we're on the subject of Tatum O'Neal films, do you see any chance of the following films featuring our lovely Tatum being released (myabe by Kino):

Little Darlings (1980)
Circle Of Two (1981)

51r5M1mCiHL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

519MtvmvpwL.jpg

Coming Soon! First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 2016 HD Master!

Certain Fury (1985) Starring Tatum O'Neal, Irene Cara, Nicholas Campbell, George Murdock, Moses Gunn and Peter Fonda - Directed by Stephen Gyllenhaal.
View attachment 29484

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Good Day MisterLime:
Since we're on the subject of Tatum O'Neal films, do you see any chance of the following films featuring our lovely Tatum being released (myabe by Kino):

Little Darlings (1980)
Circle Of Two (1981)

51r5M1mCiHL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

519MtvmvpwL.jpg
I don't want to be presumptuous, but I do not believe Kino has any deal with Paramount. Therefore, LITTLE DARLINGS won't be coming from there.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I don't want to be presumptuous, but I do not believe Kino has any deal with Paramount. Therefore, LITTLE DARLINGS won't be coming from there.

There are legal issues holding up Little Darlings, otherwise it would've been released by Paramount - a no-brainer release for them.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Is MGM/Fox still running an M.O.D. program? In the past I've asked about a number of films I believed to be controlled by MGM (some originally UA titles) and which apparently remain untouched by any of the major "boutique" labels (including KL, of course). It seems to me that for any such titles that remain unreleased, by MGM or any of said labels, the only real remaining hope for those who wish to collect such titles would be MOD...

Anyway, a few more to ask about:

Boxcar Bertha
The Man In the Moon (1991)
Dead of Winter (1987)
Geronimo (1962)
Captain John Smith & Pocahontas
Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course (doubtful, but can't hurt to ask)
Prizzi's Honor (even more doubtful, but again...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks