What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
There is an obscure but very wonderful film from 1974 that I believe was/is with MGM called WHERE THE LILIES BLOOM. Is this with you?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There is an obscure but very wonderful film from 1974 that I believe was/is with MGM called WHERE THE LILIES BLOOM. Is this with you?

I think I've replied about this before - may also have some legal issues.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Darker Than Amber is not available due to some legal issues. None of these others are on our radar.

Hi Mr. Lime,

If none of the others are currently on your radar...perhaps you could pass on the word that Me Natalie is a decent CBS title that would do well in the Kino fold. It has one of the first movie appearances by Al Pacino. Adam at Six AM is a really good early Michael Douglas film.

Understandable that they are not currently on the radar....just a friendly request/ suggestion to think about for the future.

Its a shame that Darker than Amber has legal issues as its a decent movie.

Also just wanted to say that this weeks announcements were awesome! Can't wait to see what's announced next week! I truly look forward each and every day to see what Kino is going to announce and release.

Any hints or teases for next week??

Kino has truthfully taken the most of my money these past few years :) Keep up the good work!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Hi Mr. Lime,

If none of the others are currently on your radar...perhaps you could pass on the word that Me Natalie is a decent CBS title that would do well in the Kino fold. It has one of the first movie appearances by Al Pacino. Adam at Six AM is a really good early Michael Douglas film.

Understandable that they are not currently on the radar....just a friendly request/ suggestion to think about for the future.

Its a shame that Darker than Amber has legal issues as its a decent movie.

Also just wanted to say that this weeks announcements were awesome! Can't wait to see what's announced next week! I truly look forward each and every day to see what Kino is going to announce and release.

Any hints or teases for next week??

Kino has truthfully taken the most of my money these past few years :) Keep up the good work!

We're pretty familiar with the whole library, I just don't think we'll be picking them up. They also have another early Michael Douglas title called Hail, Hero (1969). I personally like Me, Nathalie.

Not sure about next week's announcements :)

Thanks for your support.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
The other library Im excited you are drawing titles from are New Worlds post 1983. CERTAIN FURY and STRYKER but also the little seen but very effective MAN FACING SOUTHEAST, all never released on DVD prior. I would love to see STEAMING, GODZILLA 85, BLISS, THE PEANUT BUTTER SOLUTION, HUNTERS BLOOD, HARD TRAVELLING, DANCING IN THE DARK, SISTER SISTER , THE RIGHT HANDED MAN, RICHARDS THINGS and HEART OF THE STAG get this attention of never releases NW product deserving your attention. The vastly underrated PIN would be a knockout Bluray as would CRIMES OF PASSION and '68

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

American Dreamer (1984) Starring JoBeth Williams, Tom Conti, Giancarlo Giannini and James Staley - Directed by Rick Rosenthal.
Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 2.33.42 PM.png

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Any chance of THE APRIL FOOLS with Jack Lemmon and Catherine Deneuve, Mr Lime? April is around the corner :)

It's not currently with us. Needs to be re-mastered in HD and we can only get Blu-ray rights - otherwise it would've been released the same time as The War Between Men and Women.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'm greatly looking forward to both Gog and When Eight Bells Toll, both long ago pre-ordered and due in my mailbox in the next couple of weeks.

I went back and re-read the last 25+ pages of this thread, to make sure none of these were already mentioned... does Kino Lorber currently have access to any of these titles from the MGM library?

* Canon City (1948)
* The Scarf (1951)
* War Paint (1953) --previously on MGM MOD
* The Killer Is Loose (1956) --previously on MGM MOD
* The Girl in Black Stockings (1957) --previously on MGM MOD
* The Lost Missile (1958)
* The Vampire and the Ballerina (1960-Italy)
* Alakazam the Great (1961-Japan, animated)
* My Son, the Hero (1962-Italy)
* The 7th Dawn (1964) --previously on MGM MOD
* The Time Travelers (1964) --this got a Shout/Timeless release a few years ago, but was crammed together with 3 other films on a single DVD... not sure if Kino Lorber could do this on Blu or not.
* Masquerade (1965)
* Return from the Ashes (1965) --previously on MGM MOD
* Danger Route (1967)
* Jack and the Witch (1967-Japan, animated)
* Operation: Kid Brother (1967-Italy) --cleared for Mystery Science Theater 3000 by Shout, not sure if they also have stand-alone release rights.
* The Witches (1967-Italy) --previously on MGM MOD
* The Mercenary (1968-Italy) --previously on TGG Direct MOD
* Some Girls Do (1969)
* I Start Counting (1970)
* Sharks Treasure (1975)
* To Live (1994-Hong Kong)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 2016 HD Master!

From the director of Independence Day, Stargate, Universal Soldier, 2012, The Day After Tomorrow and the upcoming Independence Day: Resurgence!

Making Contact (1985) Starring Joshua Morrell, Eva Kryll and Tammy Shileds
Co-written, Co-produced and Directed by Roland Emmerich
making-contact-cinema-one-sheet-movie-poster-(1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks