If you’re looking for a smart home lighting solution for a home theater or other applications, Signify is expanding its current options in the US. The company will now offer a Wi-Fi-enabled solution to complement the WiZ Connected ecosystem, in addition to the Bluetooth and Zigbee based smart lighting systems with Philips Hue.
The WiZ system operates independently from the Philips Hue ecosystem, but you can adjust Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED lighting using the WiZ app on a smartphone or tablet, plus a home Wi-Fi network, but without the need for wiring or additional equipment. The WiZ app can be downloaded free for both iOS and Android, and after retrofit light bulbs are screwed into existing light fixtures (table or ceiling downlights), a step-by-step guide leads the user through the setup.
The result means lights can be controlled via the app and/or with voice compatible devices, dimmed as required and by using presets, and given optimal shading from white to cool daylight. There are also options to control on/off lighting schedules, as well as select different colors.
“There are so many activities we carry out at home. Our Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED WiZ Connected range makes it easy to set the right light for any and all situations,” said Jeroen Schuitemaker, US Consumer Business Leader, Signify. “Whether you’re spending time with your family and friends, doing housework or enjoying a meal, you can conveniently get the different light settings you need with the tap of an app or using your voice.”
The Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED WiZ Connected collection, priced from $9.97 to $19.97, includes the following items:
- Dimmable Warm White (2700K) and Cool White (5000K) in the traditional A19 light bulb shape and BR30 downlight
- Tunable White (2700-5000K) in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, BR30 downlight and 6″ integrated downlight
- Full Color with Tunable White in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, BR30 downlight and 6″ integrated downlight
- Dimmable Clear Filament in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, G25 globe and ST19 teardrop shape
- Dimmable Amber Filament in the traditional A19 light bulb shape, G25 globe and ST19 teardrop shape
The new range of Philips Smart Wi-Fi products is available now but only from HomeDepot.com, and in Home Depot stores across the United States in September 2019.