ProSource claims to be the largest audio, video, and integration buying group in the United States, and has just announced the 2018 Vendors of the Year Awards, presented at the Spring Meeting in San Antonio. While obviously ProSource is an industry-related ‘B2B’ organization, it is hopefully revealing for Home Theater Forum members to see which manufacturers and suppliers scored highly in this annual gong ceremony.
Without delving too deeply into the voting criteria, ProSource members were broadly asked to cast their ballot on (a) the vendor who has “helped” more than others in the category, (b) the vendor who has shown a continued commitment to developing products, (c) the vendor who has allocated proper resources and is “easy” to do business with and, finally, (d) the vendor who has the most positive financial effect on an integrator’s performance.
The 2018 award winners are listed below:
- Video Vendor of the Year – Samsung
- Projector and Specialty TV Vendor of the Year – Sony
- Audio – Electronics Vendor of the Year – Sound United (Denon, Marantz)
- Audio – Speakers Vendor of the Year – Klipsch
- Headphones – Vendor of the Year – JBL
- Audio – Digital Content/Streaming Devices – Vendor of the Year – Sound United (HEOS)
- Specialty – Accessories – Vendor of the Year – AudioQuest
- Specialty – Custom Integration – Vendor of the Year – Screen Innovations
- Specialty – Technology – Vendor of the Year – Elan
- New Vendor of the Year – Araknis Networks
- Overall Vendor of the Year – Harman
“ProSource is proud to partner with the very best vendors in the consumer technology industry,” said Dave Workman, CEO and President of ProSource. “The 2018 Vendor Awards honor the brands that have been instrumental in helping our members succeed in every category.”
The header picture shows the winning team for Overall Vendor of the Year – Harman