Pioneer and Onkyo U.S.A. Corporation have announced details of a new Elite network AV receiver, the VSX-LX103, priced at a cool $599 (or $749.99 CAD). Featuring 5.2.2 channel surround audio with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the receiver maxes out at 7.2 channels with amplification rated at 170W/ch (6 ohms, 1kHz, THD 10%, 1 ch driven). Two channels can be fed for a powered Zone 2, and a Zone 2 pre/line out connection enables those with dedicated amplifiers to power a separate room independently.
The unit also features 6 HDMI In and 1 Out, and supports Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2, 4K/60-Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), WCG (Wide Color Gamut) and Ultra HD upscaling (1080p to 4K). Pioneer’s own Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) sets up a customized audio environment for the user with included microphone, and characteristically will compensate for speaker size, level and distance, while also equalizing response.
Pioneer’s onboard Phase Control feature compensates for the phase lag between a subwoofer and main channel speakers by improving sound synchronization to achieve clearer reproduction of sound in mid- and high-frequency bands, claims the company.
Additional features include the following:
• Reflex Optimizer enhances object-based audio reproduction from upward firing Dolby Atmos ‘enabled’ speakers.
• Works with Google Assistant so you can tell the VSX-LX103 to turn up the volume, skip tracks, or stop the music using a device with the Google Assistant built-in, like Google Home.
• Wireless connectivity includes Chromecast built-in, Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth, DTS Play-Fi, Wi-Fi, as well as FireConnect, Pioneer’s wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver on compatible speakers in other rooms.
• Enjoy a limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from internet radio stations and online music services, including Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer.
• In addition to high-resolution sound source (192-kHz/24-bit) in FLAC, WAV, AIFF and ALAC file formats, DSD (2.8/5.6 MHz) and Dolby TrueHD files are also supported.
• Custom integration features common in Elite receivers including IR in, 12V Trigger out, RS-232c and a detachable power cable.
• Comes with Pioneer’s three-year warranty.
Some of our content may contain marketing links, which means we will receive a commission for purchases made via those links. In our editorial content, these affiliate links appear automatically, and our editorial teams are not influenced by our affiliate partnerships. We work with several providers (currently Skimlinks and Amazon) to manage our affiliate relationships. You can find out more about their services by visiting their sites.