What's new

Hardware Review HTF REVIEW: Logitech Revue with Google TV (1 Viewer)

blyke5

Auditioning
Real Name
Lonnie Lampkin Jr
I went from a WDTV Live Hub to a jailbroken Apple TV 2, and now currently own a Roku XD for all my streaming needs. As I'm a firm believer in trying out different products, today I decided to order a refurbished Logitech Revue off of Ebay for about $90.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I like Logitech devices and I like the build of the Revue, is it still worth it to buy one or should I wait for the vizio Co-star?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Dave. My humble opinion would be that you should ignore the Revue and consider a real HTPC. Not that the Revue isn't a well designed product When I owned mine I was thoroughly impressed with the things it actually could do, but the limitations far outweighed this. Since they are thoroughly documented in this thread, I won't rehash.

I'm sure the latest incarnation of the Revue is an even better product than what I experienced, but it will still have serious limitations, and since you can't upgrade it at will as you could a full blown HTPC, it is ultimately going to end up in your closet, or wherever you store your legacy devices.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa /t/308303/htf-review-logitech-revue-with-google-tv/60#post_3954187
I like Logitech devices and I like the build of the Revue, is it still worth it to buy one or should I wait for the vizio Co-star?
It's an 18 month old product, discontinued by Logitech last November.

But if it does what you need, they're not that expensive.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm using a Mac Mini with Plex, but since I know Plex should work on the Logitech i was asking abut it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks