What's new

*** Official SALT Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Took in a matinee showing of this action film and really enjoyed it. Some great action sequences and it's always a pleasure to see Angelina Jolie on the big screen. I'm glad they changed the lead character from a male to a female. Sure, a lot of it is implausible sequence of events, but it was good fun and an enjoyable way to escape the steamy heat for a few hours. Most fans of Jolie should enjoy this fine action film.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Salt". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an [COLOR= rgb(68,112,140)]Official Discussion Thread[/COLOR].

Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is the kind of movie where star power of the leading actress (Angelina Jolie) carries the day, and you forgive a lot of semi-plausible action sequences, and even the lead character's "is she or isn't she good/evil" arc throughout the movie is a bit bumpy, but eminently watchable, with crazy pacing that tries to overcome the predictability of the 3rd act with action, action, and more action.

I found Jolie a little scrawny in some of her hand-to-hand combat scenes, but I'll just chalk that up to her being more wiry than just frail, but had Jolie added 5-10 pounds of muscle, she'd look more capable of what her character was able to do with aplomb, which is dispatching highly-trained secret service guys with clockwork precision. It'd be a nice matinee viewing to beat the heat this summer. (I swear I wrote this before reading Crawdaddy's review. Heh)

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I liked it but there are some flaws. First, Angelina is GREAT as usual and is one of the screen's prettiest gems to look at. I mean...every moment she's there she looks stunning.

Loved the premise of the story. LIked the action. My issues stem from the supporting roles. The U.S. President was way miscast. He looked VERY unpresidential and it took me out of the film some. He looked more like the president of a fraternity than the U.S. Liev Schreiber (Ted) was ok...but just ok. I wanted ALOT more of Chiwetel Ejiofor (peadbody)....I realize that part of the film's intensity and evolving storyline and setup call for less of Chiwetel but he's a damn fine actor that makes one believe. Wanted more of he and Salt.

Not bad..not great. But fun.

8/10 for me.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

Took in a matinee showing of this action film and really enjoyed it. Some great action sequences and it's always a pleasure to see Angelina Jolie on the big screen. I'm glad they changed the lead character from a male to a female. Sure, a lot of it is implausible sequence of events, but it was good fun and an enjoyable way to escape the steamy heat for a few hours. Most fans of Jolie should enjoy this fine action film.

Crawdaddy

Well said, just saw it today and really enjoyed it.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Went and saw Salt last night. An above average thriller directed by Phillip Noyce. Jolie goes on the run after being accused of being a Russian spy and it's pretty much non-stop action, but it still left me wanting more. Jolie was fabulous as usual, kicking, punching, leaping, pouting, garroting it's all here. And add a twist or two. I liked it, so did my Sandra. Not as good or as insane as Jolie's last action film Wanted, but it'll do. 3 out of 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks