What's new

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Can't wait for this title to be released on BluRay. I was able to purchase the other titles in the trilogy, The Girl That Played With Fire and The Girl That Kicked The Hornet's Nest. They are Region 2, standard definition, 16 x 9, with DTS audio. Swedish language with English subtitles. Sony has purchased the movies rights for the three novels and has hired David Fincher to direct The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Its to bad the the author, Stieg Larsson, passed away it was reported he was in the process of writing several murder mysteries.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Looks like July 6th...

http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Dragon-Tattoo-Blu-ray/dp/B003FBNJ2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275690036&sr=8-1

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Should I blindly order this film?

The reviews have been quite good.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The three novels were big sellers which lead to the making of the movies. This is a true trilogy and it is recommended you watch the movies in order as the story carries on from Tattoo to Fire and ending with Hornet. The movies have long running times, Tattoo 153 min, Fire 127 min and Hornet 141 min, to be the true to the novels. If you like murder, mystery and suspense these are great blind buys.

I purchase many International DVD's from Amazon UK and EBay, Baader Meinhof Complex, The Prophet, Bangkok Dangerous, Female Agents, Edge of Love and many more and enjoy them because the movies are made very differently than US releases. Mesrine, starring Vincent Cassel is also excellent and contains both movies, Killer Instict and Public Enemy Number 1.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ernest,

Thank you for this information.

What are the full names of the other two films you
are recommending that complete the trilogy?

In the meantime is Tattoo going to be a satisfying

watch on its own?

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The two other titles in the trilogy are: "The Girl Who Played With Fire", and "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest". Yes you can watch "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and enjoy it on its own. Unless you have read the novels it is not recommended watching Fire unless you have viewed Tattoo. Hornet's Nest shouldn't be viewed unless you have seen the other two.

Because we all have different likes and dislikes I can't guarantee you will like Tattoo. Hopefully, you will enjoy Tattoo.

Thomas Agermose

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas Agermose Jensen
The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo is worth a blind purchase in my opinion, if you don't mind foreign language films.

A word of warning however.

The sequels are not in the same league as the first film (personal opinion), and I wouldn't recommend them for blind purchase when they are released.

Originally only the first film was intended for a thetrical release (in Denmark) while the other two were meant for TV release. After Tattoo's success the sequels were given a theatrical release. Unfortunately these films were written and directed by someone else and the TV budget really shows.

The Girl who Played with Fire suffers the worst while Hornet is pretty decent.

But give Tattoo a spin. Like Ernest said it can be watched on its own.

dvdirv

Grip
Real Name
Irv Haas
Amazon has just lowered the price of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to $19.99 matching Best Buy.com's price.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That is great news. I just preordered this from
Amazon two days ago when it was about $25

so I am looking forward to them adjusting the

discount.

Looking forward to watching this film.

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
Double Dip - here We Come:

Released in Sweden

Longer versions July 14th. No English subtitles.

Read the books first though, the films will make more sense and good though the films are I enjoyed the books a lot more!

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Any UKers know if the Momentum UK release will have lossless audio? I've searched and searched and found no audio specs on this release.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Watched the BluRay of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and the story, suspense are terrific better than I expected. Last night I watched the Swedish DVD of "The Girl That Played With Fire", anamorphic widescreen with English subtitles and DTS audio, and again the story and suspense were better than expected. Tonight I will finish the trilogy viewing "The Girl That Kicked The Hornet's Nest".

I just hope the US movies, the first being directed by David Fincher, don't try to fit each episode into a 2 hour window. These stories are multi layered suspenseful mysteries with small amounts of action that would be compromised by rushing to the end. There are several actors that can play Michael Nyqvist role, Russel Crowe, George Clooney to name two, but replacing Noomi Rapace will be difficult.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
Wow! I didn't realize the third film was already out. I received my Blu-Ray yesterday and will watch it tonight. I will try to go see The Girl Who Played With Fire at the theater this weekend, then I'l have to wait for TGTKTHN to be released stateside. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks