What's new

HTF DVD REVIEW: Simon & Simon Season 4 (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Which two episodes in the season four set are syndicated masters?

I'm surprised that the show wasn't filmed mostly on location in San Diego.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Which two episodes in the season four set are syndicated masters?

I'm surprised that the show wasn't filmed mostly on location in San Diego.
"A Little Wine With Murder?" (10/4/84) and "Our Fair City" (11/29/84) are both the syndicated versions on DVD.

I was also surprised that more of the show was not filmed in San Diego. I observed a street sign for Santa Monica Boulevard in one episode on this set, which probably was not noticeable on broadcast 25 years ago but which is much more obvious now on a big screen TV.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Great review!
I'll be picking this up tomorrow. I really hope the rest of the series gets released.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for the review Tim.

I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but were scenes in the feature length season premiere "C'est Simon" filmed on location in Paris, France? I ask, because Remington Steele filmed an episode on location in Acapulco, Mexico.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Timothy E /forum/thread/299521/htf-dvd-review-simon-simon-season-4#post_3678843

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Timothy, will you be reviewing Shout! Factory's website exclusive Region 1 release of the fifth season of Simon & Simon, released two weeks this coming Tuesday?

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I hope to review Season 5. We are still working on obtaining a review copy and we will probably know more this week. I am pleased to see that Season 5 will also include the reunion movie from 1995.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
If you are able to obtain a review copy of the fifth season DVD set, can you mention in your review the following:

1.) Whether any of the fifth season episodes were sourced from syndication masters.

2.) If the Alcatraz episode ("Reunion at Alcatraz") had any scenes shot on location in San Francisco and at Alcatraz, have they mentioned this in the episode's end credits?

3.) Picture quality of the teasers and episodes, and the reunion TV movie.

4.) Whether the reunion TV movie has a teaser or not.

5.) Whether the boxset itself is indeed one DVD case (like the 3D front cover and side spine artwork shows in the TVShowsOnDVD news article), or whether it is a cardboard outer box with slipcases inside.

6.) Whether the fifth season set is comprised of six or seven discs (as Shout! Factory to date have not crammed too many episodes onto any one disc in the second to fourth season DVD boxsets). If they do it right the fifth season set should comprise of seven discs, as if you count the reunion TV movie as two episodes, combined with the fifth season there are 26 episodes in total.

7.) If the fifth season DVD set is one DVD case with the six or seven discs inside, are there synopsis' for the 24 episodes and reunion TV movie, along with their original CBS airdate, on the reverse of the DVD sleeve?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
To add to my last post....

8.) Any comments on the title sequence, as it was given a revamp in the fifth season.

9.) The season five finale "The Apple Dosen't Fall Far from the Tree" was partly set in Boston. Is there anything in the end credits which says whether they shot on location in Boston?

10.) On the season five finale's TV.com page, it says in the Notes section that the music played over the end credits was the full version of the theme tune, instead of the usual shorter version played over the end credits. Also, they played short clips from the episode during the end credits, instead of the usual still shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks