What's new

Monsters Inc and Up 4 disk set twin pack NOW $32.98 SHIPPED at Amazon (See Post #31) (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
For those that don't follow the consolidated sale thread in the HD Software forum, it's hard to beat this deal:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1464315

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any special reason for that price, Joe? Prime membership or something?

Never mind. I see that's Amazon's regular sale price now.

Should I? Or, shouldn't I?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon ">[/url]

[S]Any special reason for that price, Joe? Prime membership or something? [/S]

Never mind. I see that's Amazon's regular sale price now.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Gee Sam.
I would have been nice if you would have used a HTF Amazon link.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Yes, Mike. You should.

I haven't been upgrading my DVDs to Blu-ray much, except for the Pixar sets. I really need Finding Nemo to come out, because the Widescreen format stopped working and we have to watch it in Fullscreen now.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
If you purchased Snow White from Amazon, you qualify for an additional $10 off the price of the Up/Monsters Inc Combo. You may have to email Amazon Customer Service for them to apply the discount--apparently, the email announcing the discount did not go out to everyone.

Just email Amazon and ask for the "Snow White Thank You" discount.

- Steve

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I just placed my order for Up & Monsters, Inc. for $37.48 using the Best Value additional $10 off. Thanks for the heads-up on the combo Best Value pricing Sam.

Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill

If you purchased Snow White from Amazon, you qualify for an additional $10 off the price of the Up/Monsters Inc Combo. You may have to email Amazon Customer Service for them to apply the discount--apparently, the email announcing the discount did not go out to everyone.

Just email Amazon and ask for the "Snow White Thank You" discount.

- Steve
Also, I purchased Snow White from Amazon in September so I just sent an email asking for the additional $10 discount. Thanks for the info Steve.

It will be interesting to see how Amazon handles these discounts and pricing along with with their Pre-order Price Guarantee as it gets closer to release date. I would not be surprised to see both titles hit the $20 price point within the next few days. I'm hoping that Amazon will still honor the Pre-order Price Guarantee in conjunction with the Best Value savings, and the Snow White Thank You discount. It would be hot to get both for $20 combined! ($20 Up + $20 Monsters - $10 Best Value - $10 Snow White). I'll still be very happy with both for $27.48 though.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next week.

Again, thank you both for the information.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I just received the quickest response from Amazon that I have ever experienced - around 15 minutes from when I sent my email inquiry until receiving my response. Now that's customer service!

Anyway, Amazon credited my order for $10:
Code:
 I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order. To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of your order by $10.
I'm at the very happy price point with both for $27.48!

Still holding out hope for the Hot Price Point with both for $20.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Question about the Snow White promo: is this the case if you bought it from Amazon for $19.99? I remember the price went down towards release date from Amazon and I never got the $10 email, did I already get the discount at that lowered price? Or should I email CS and inquire?
EDIT - when I placed my original order I typed in the "snowhite" promo which got me $10 off of that order. Am I entitled to another $10 off a future purchase? Thanks in advance!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Someone on another forum posted that he believes that the "Snow White Thank You" discount is being given to anyone who ordered Snow White *before* the SNOWHITE coupon code was announced, even if they cancelled and re-ordered after discovering the SNOWHITE code.

YMMV. I suppose it couldn't hurt to send an email. . .

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Someone on another forum posted that he believes that the "Snow White Thank You" discount is being given to anyone who ordered Snow White *before* the SNOWHITE coupon code was announced, even if they cancelled and re-ordered after discovering the SNOWHITE code.

YMMV. I suppose it couldn't hurt to send an email. . .

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I went to the Help page on Amazon, clicked Contact Us, then selected the order items and clicked the Email button.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/294472/monsters-inc-a...pack-for-38-98-shipped-at-amazon#post_3623110

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Weird response:

Code:
 The $10 promotional offer on ‘The Snow White/Monsters’ is not being offered by Amazon.com.
They included a link to a deal where you get $8 off if you order Snow White on BD and the new Tinkerbell movie on either BD or DVD.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina

Question about the Snow White promo: is this the case if you bought it from Amazon for $19.99? I remember the price went down towards release date from Amazon and I never got the $10 email, did I already get the discount at that lowered price? Or should I email CS and inquire?
EDIT - when I placed my original order I typed in the "snowhite" promo which got me $10 off of that order. Am I entitled to another $10 off a future purchase? Thanks in advance!
I placed my order for Snow White on 09/24/2009 for $24.99 and used the "SNOWHITE" promo to get $10.00 off for a net price of $14.99. On 10/07/2009 Amazon refunded $5.00 to me in accordance with their Pre-order Price Guarantee so my final net price was $9.99.

I never received an email notifying me of the $10 promotional discount towards the purchase of Up / Monsters, Inc. combo, but I sent them an email after purchasing Up / Monsters, Inc. to inquire about the discount and they deducted $10 from my purchase price.

I would send them an email and inquire about the $10 discount. The worst thing that can happen is that they say 'No'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks