What's new

*** Official ZOMBIELAND Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Saw it this afternoon.

I was expecting to like it with all the good reviews, but now I can't honestly give one of my own. After the totally unexpected "B.M." segment, I became completely biased and will love this movie for the rest of my life.

You rock "zombie" B.M.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
This movie kicked all kinds of ass. The clever integration of "the list" into the movie was worth the price of admission alone. And the cameo is GENIUS.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Zombieland". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Discussion Thread[/COLOR].

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm usually not a fan of zombie films even though I actually watched and enjoyed the original "Night of the Living Dead" in a movie theater 40 years ago. Anyhow, I had a fun time with this film and the cast was enjoyable to watch and laugh at this type of parody about the "zombie" movie genre.

Crawdaddy

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't really like the current zombies-are-hilarious movement going on in pop culture but Zombieland is the exception. This is just a solidly funny movie. Like Zack said, there's also a great cameo.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Oh, what can I say about this movie. It was one of the best movies I have seen. Yes best. It was funny, good characters, a good amount of blood. Loved it!!! The group I went with loved it also.

Cardio!
Oh I got this one!

And yes the cameo is spot on too. Very funny flick!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed "Zombieland" from the first reel and throughout its running time. If you don't enjoy this movie, you're in a coma, or a zombie.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Saw it twice. Yes, it's that awesome. LOL
Seriously, in addition to what everyone has already said: Zombieland is a well written adult comedy. Also, quite thankful that it isn't bloated with filler. It's a faced-paced 80 minutes of zombie killing goodness.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert Crawford's feelings pretty much sums up mine.

I am not generally a fan of zombie movies, but based on
my friends urging to me to see Zombieland, I did, and now
I place it neck-and-neck with my favorite comedy film thus
far this year, The Hangover.

The only thing I am pissed about is the reviews. Read a
few and they had the audacity to ruin perhaps the best
cameo to come along in years -- and what a rewarding
cameo that was!

Terrific film. See it!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Great Zombie flick. Tons of bloody fun from beginning to end. Emma Stone is going to be a major talent.

Three and a half STARS out of 4.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I found the movie a bit slow. They used up the funniest scenes in the trailer. I give it a two out of five.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Absolutely hilarious! I saw it on Sunday night and the theater was packed. Definitely in the running for my favorite movie of the year.

5/5

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As a big fan of zombie films I thought this was great, Woody Harrelson did a good job of creating the ultimate rogue warrior similar to Bruce Campbell's 'Ash' in the Evil Dead series.

It did suffer from what Roger Ebert calls 'the idiot plot syndrome' at times, like when the girls switched on the amusement park thus attracting every zombie within a five mile radius and then seeking refuge on a ride that would just lower them down to the waiting horde but ah well, it was fun.

Last observation, the lead kid in this film sounded REMARKABLY like Michael Cera! It was ridiculous how much he sounded like him, really.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not a whole lot of plot here, but enjoyable fluff for a $1 Redbox rental. More a "day in the life" rather than a coherent story with a beginning, middle, and end (but by design, I guess, as the original title was "Another Day in Zombieland"). We're just plopped into the middle of a world where most of the populace are now zombies and ride along with the quartet of characters on a couple days of adventures. As John says, it did suffer from some dumb moments where the characters seemed to do everything they could to attract zombies when they were supposedly trying to avoid them. But I'm on board for Zombieland 2 if they make it.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I found Zombieland to be funny and just the right mix of zombie and over-the-top situations and characters. I was re-watching Hot Fuzz tonight and realized that Zombieland was what Shaun of the Dead should have been. I didn't find Shaun of the Dead anywhere near as funny or clever as Hot Fuzz and Zombieland.

I am also looking forward to a Zombieland 2 if they make it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. For me Shaun of the Dead is FAR superior to either Zombieland or Hot Fuzz. By a large margin.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Originally Posted by dpippel

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. For me Shaun of the Dead is FAR superior to either Zombieland or Hot Fuzz. By a large margin.
I'm curious what you found entertaining, funny, or just plain better in Shaun of the Dead that Zombieland failed to achieve? I like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost so I was very disappointed with SotD. However I did go in hoping for something like Zombieland and it did not deliver for me as a comedy, a satire or as a dark comedy so maybe my expectations hurt my enjoyment. When I saw the ads for Zombieland it appeared to be exactly what I was looking for in a comedy/satire of zombie movies after being disappointed in SotD and I was not disappointed in Zombieland.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Count me in as another one who enjoyed SotD WAY MORE than Zombieland. Zombieland was okay, but I had much higher expectations for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks