What's new

Twin Peaks "GoldBox" on Bluray? (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
Hello all, I've been holding out on buying the excellent Twin Peaks Goldbox because I don't want to have to buy it again on Bluray... But my question is... Is there even any news about a Bluray version being released any time soon?

Thanks for any information!

- Johnny

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I don't have inside info, but Paramount could easily do it, as the entire series has been rebuilt in HD.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
It's a lovely thought. They would have an easy time selling a Blu-Gold-Box to me. Twin Peaks is my favorite television show ever.

John CW

Supporting Actor
I've seen parts of it at a friends house and Charles de Lauzirika did an awesome job on the Gold Box... I hope it's due soon!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger

I never got to purchase the GOLD BOX dvd set but I would run out for the BD release.
I had 4 of them (exchanges) before Amazon cut me off, and just gave me a refund on it. I couldnt ever get a set without at least 5 scratched discs. i couldnt even cobble a set together. The package really sucks. So, id buy it on Blu!

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Twin Peaks is my favourite TV series, so I wouldn't hesitate trading in the excellent Gold Box edition for a complete BD set. No other TV series in the early 90s looked as good as the Frost/Lynch series, so it would look stunning in HD. I would also love to see a BD of the FWWM (with deleted scenes!).

John CW

Supporting Actor
Huh? The version I saw was just a bunch of plastic holders in a "book" style format... Like the Alien set. Nothing that could scratch a disc?

Originally Posted by RickER

I had 4 of them (exchanges) before Amazon cut me off, and just gave me a refund on it. I couldnt ever get a set without at least 5 scratched discs. i couldnt even cobble a set together. The package really sucks. So, id buy it on Blu!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by John CW

Huh? The version I saw was just a bunch of plastic holders in a "book" style format... Like the Alien set. Nothing that could scratch a disc?
It was in one of those books, like the Star Trek DVDs. The discs were all scratched from injection mold plastic, in the "disc well", for lack of what else to call it. Kind of like what i read about the He-Man DVD season 1 set. All i know, is for $75-$100 i expect mint discs. Like i say, id buy it on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks